back to article Wikileaks US Army mole Manning charged

Fresh news today in the case of Bradley Manning, the US soldier suspected of leaking classified military material - including video of a controversial attack-helicopter strike in which Iraqi civilians including children were hit - to Wikileaks. According to a statement issued by the 1st Armored Division public-affairs staff in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. slack
    Flame

Well, I'm shocked!

"The Pentagon subsequently concluded that the helicopter crews had acted within their rules of engagement"

2. Doshu
    Joke

He's hit rock bottom...

... and started digging.

3. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Grenade

Shut up Lamo! You get the role of Cipher in your next life.

'Lamo said the soldier was "basically trying to vacuum up as much classified information as he could, and just throwing it up into the air"'

I hope it comes down. Hard.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Shameful.

I can not do anything to help this hero, but I'll raise a pint in his honour.

5. Winkypop Silver badge
    FAIL

Military Intelligence

"the information could cause injury to the United States"

Right....but I'm guessing, not quite as much injury as to those two kiddies.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wikileaks no more

Since they dobbed him in I refuse to look at the site. Cant trust em.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

They did not

Title says most of it, read the background moron

2. AndyS

letters and/or digits

Dobbed him in? Sorry, where do you get that from?

He contacted Lamo, Lamo turned him in. He also contacted Wikileaks, who posted the video. No connection, as far as has been reported.

7. h4rm0ny

Oh dear...

Revealing to the folks back home that the armies they fund murder kids. The army wont like that. Good luck to this guy.

8. cannon

war crimes

so where is the news that the helicopter crew & the commander that gave the order to fire are being charged with murder of innocent civilians and that the pentagon are going to be charged for holding back a video that clearly shows it to be innocent people being murdered while spewing rhetoric claiming they were all insurgents?

so does this mean every insurgent claimed to be killed by the USA or coalition forces has been innocent?

remember kids its only terrorism when they do it!

"political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, & to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Terminator

Didn't McChrystal himself say

"We've shot an amazing number of people and killed a number and, to my knowledge, none has proven to have been a real threat to the force."

2. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
      Black Helicopters

War Crimes

You forget...

History is written by the victors....

9. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Lamo sold him and us out.

Manning was looking to expose criminal activity within the highest levels of the US administration. The docs were classified to protect them from prosecution/embarrasement.

Without someone like Manning, this stuff will just keep going on and on.

Thank you Lamo for following your conscience and doing the right thing, tool.

1. Cameron Colley

I don't think Lamo had a choice.

The guy made Lamo complicit in his actions so the only way Lamo himself could get out of being sent to orange jumpsuit land was to go to the feds with what he knew.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

choices choices

He had plausible deniability, some random person on the web contacts you over IM and claims some outlandish stuff. You just tell the Feds you thought it was a crank and humoured the person for a bit then ignored them.

10. Mike Johnson
    FAIL

Don't believe a word of it - This is a setup

Simply put, this is a set up designed to make people scared of sending anything to WikiLeaks. Exactly as planned by the CIA in a document previously leaked!

11. Chris Hatfield

I'm so happy there are whistle-blowers

This guy deserves a medal, not punishment. If I had been in his position, I couldn't have lived with myself for not disclosing the material. Why? Like most people, I have a 'conscience'.

I fear for his safety & sanity. Just imagine all those sadistic US military big wigs; i'm sure they want to inflict as much suffering as possible.

I urge everyone who uses Twitter to follow @Wikileaks. The Wikileaks people are doing sterling work - I hope it carries of for generations to come. I admire them.

12. Graham Marsden
    Thumb Up

"the information could cause injury to the United States"

Or, at least, show them up for the bunch of trigger-happy, gung-ho, "shoot first and ask questions later", idiots that they are...

13. Turtle

I don't recall voting for this guy...

I don't recall voting for this guy, in order to give him the right to make decisions about US foreign policy, or to exercise a veto over whatever policies he disapproves. He needs to be imprisoned for the maximum allowable term.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Classified Crimes

No, you voted for someone who committed criminal acts, then hid them inside a system complicit in protecting corruption.

14. henrydddd
    Thumb Down

I wonder

I wonder how many other innocent women and children have been butchered and the evidence of the crime was buried by secrecy?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like