back to article Apple iPhone is AT&T's top-selling handset - analyst

Love it or loathe it, there's no denying Apple's iPhone is popular. According to market watcher Strategy Analytics, the Apple handset has become AT&T's top-selling phone, accounting for 13 per cent of the carrier's device sales. SA also claimed the iPhone was the fourth best-selling mobile phone in the US during Q3, having …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Analysts?

Are these the same analysts that overestimated the initial sales of the "ground breaking" iPhone by over 100% on its introduction?

Yawn!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

The atricle mentions Apple.....

MICROSOFT!!!!!111oneone

Every day I walk past the Apple store on Regent Street and it is the only shop where a crowd is guaranteed to be waiting outside for the 10 o'clock opening. It sickens me that there are so many fanbois out there.

3. Giles Jones Gold badge

Fanboys?

Have you ever asked people why they are there?

Did you know that Apple provide workshops on things such as digital photography, music production, video editing?

This is why people queue up, they get good service and training on how to use their purchase.

I was like you, all dismissive of Apple, then I bought one and I've not looked back since. It's the ideal platform for creative pursuits, Windows is too distracting, unreliable and doesn't perform as well.

4. gautam

Let me Guess

Who is scratching whose back now? AT&T was sinking (mobile) and Apple has bailed them out. No wonder they give 10% backhander! IN return Apple has an added revenue stream.

Not a bad business decision. But can the Analysts tell what percentage this jump in Sales fgigure came about AFTER prices were reduced?

Which brings us to the real issue. If correctly priced, its a good enough product. Anything higher due to hype is idiocy.

5. Pooper Scooper

@Giles Jones

"It's the ideal platform for creative pursuits"

And I'll bet you wonder why people call you a fanboy.

6. Maliciously Crafted Packet

@pooper scooper

And I'll bet you wonder why people call you a FUDboy?

7. Graham Lockley

@Maliciously Crafted Packet & Pooper Scooper

And neither of you will understand why the rest of the world looks on and shakes its head sadly

8. Maliciously Crafted Packet

@Graham Lockley

But Sir it was Poop Scoop Sir... He started it. Him and all his Micro$oftie mates swaggering into the playground and picking on us. Just because their loosing the smart phone race and that we have the platform people wanna buy.

They even say they wont let us join their corporate club sir. Saying our platform is insecure, wont even let us on their network.

Give him detention not me.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Graham Lockley

..and you're one of them looking on shaking your head? No wait, you're in the comment section of an article that's 100% about an Apple products marketshare.

The whole wise man above-it-all looking-on-sadly stance doesn't work that great when you're standing (or at least have your browser pointed) right in the middle of it.

10. Rick
    Paris Hilton

still waiting

Im still waiting to buy mine based up the Paris "that's HOT!" factor she has not commented and I have not seen it on her yet.

</will use the paris pic, but gets coat>

11. Joe Cooper
    Happy

Apple stuff

I don't think liking Apple's products automatically makes you a fanboy. They are quite nice. I just started using Macs recently.

I just like it because it is quiet, stable and reliable and it works consistently and it is simple to do a lot of things. While I find the user interface wonky as all hell, it still offers me a terminal so I can do things in a fashion I'm accustomed to.

I'm not an Apple exclusive fanboy though. I use Windows plenty, I feel I have a pretty good handle on using Windows and prefer it's user interface, and I still use my IRIX system for all my "creative" stuff. I use many different computing systems so I feel I have plenty of exposure.

And with that context, I feel Apple's products are quite decent.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The market is a fanboi

Anyone noticed Apple's market cap recently?

In the last 6 months it's doubled, taking it to more than 50% of Microsoft, 75% of Google and about equal to HP and IBM. It's more than Oracle, and more than twice Dell and SAP.

Why is this? Because people are buying its products, and the market sees Apple as a source of great technologies and innovation. Get a clue Apple haters.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like