back to article Free 'sat lav' app locates loos for bursting punters

Touching cloth and can't hold it in? Make sure this app is the first thing to run. Toilet Finder, from developer BeTomorrow - no, not Pee Tomorrow - uses the GPS co-ordinates of your iPhone or Android device to generate a map of public conveniences in the vicinity. Toilet Finder App Bum steer: Toilet Finder locates lavs …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. skinner

itoilet?

Wasnt this how George Constanza became a millionnaire in the last series of curb your enthusiasm

http://www.tipb.com/2009/11/24/curb-enthusiasm-seinfelds-costanza-killer-itoilet-app/

2. Mark Thomas 3
    Thumb Down

er..

"Toilet Finder is available now free from the UK App Store."

No it isn't - just tried.

I'm busting for a piss too.

1. Baskitcaise
      Coat

er..

You will be needing the iPad version then.

Mine is the stained waterproof one please.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

ratings?

While its a nice app and you can rate the toilets, you cannot rate the cottaging factor of the public connivances. Think they missed out on that one, or is it only for paid version?

Paris just because there’s no George Michael

1. Elmer Phud
      Coat

Does she

look slightly flushed in that pic?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pan and zoom

There's the pan, now zoom to it.

5. Arthur the cat Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Just tried it

and I'm not impressed. This was on an Android phone. First, it insists on having GPS on, which is going to eat the battery, even though a coarse position from cell bases would probably be sufficient. Second, the list of loos near my home seemed impressively accurate, but when I asked for them to be displayed on the map the positions shown were bizarre. The nearest, which is about 500m west of me was shown as about 500 m east, down an obscure side road. Parents with small kids are not going to be happy about getting a mystery tour of a local housing estate rather than a loo.

6. N.Star
    Jobs Halo

Find Toilets

As a keen OpenStreetMap supporter I've been using the alternative Find Toilets app for a while now. It's not quite as complete as Toilet Finder yet, but the fact that my submissions get added to OSM rather than locking it in some developers database, makes it better in my opinion. Find Toilets is definitely available in the UK app store (cos that's where I got it from).

7. Chris (Geek Guy)
    FAIL

Wrong link

Your link points to the US version of the app, which is (understandably) not available in the UK app store.

This is the one you need:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/toiletfinder-uk/id338250817?mt=8

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like