back to article Amazon punts Kindleware for Androids

Amazon has released Kindleware for Android handhelds. The company's free Kindle application is now available — worldwide — from the Android Marketplace, but if you're outside the US, you may not have access to the Amazon's entire ebook catalog. Amazon is already offering iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, Mac, and Windows apps that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris 2

"book availability may vary"

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but for me it varies between "book not available" and "book not available".

I can't find a single thing I can actually buy, so unless it's just my account they don't like, I don't see the point in making the app available on the UK market.

1. Edward Green

Do you have an amazon.com account?

May be a glitch, but I have had nor problem buying stuff with my login on my HTC Desire.

However I do have an active Amazon.com account which I have used to by real books in the recent past.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

No kidding.

"Though Amazon's Kindle apps are available for use outside the US, the company says that "book availability may vary"" - even after you've paid for and downloaded it.

1. Sid James

....even after you've paid for and downloaded it....

...and then remote wiped from under your nose..

1. John Mangan

@Sid James

Erm . . . I think that was the joke.

3. Dr. Mouse

Hmmm

"Requires Android OS 1.6 or greater"

Bummer! On 1.5 on my Moto Dext :(

4. Anonymous John
    FAIL

DRM free title

Not a bad program with Kindle books. I downloaded a free one to test.

DRM free books crash it though, although I thought that Kindles coped with them. So it's totally useless as far as I'm concerned.

5. Professor Tinklepants

Amazon punts Kindleware for Androids

Or you can download Laputa II and read books for free.

Just saying....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like