back to article Hulu to charge $10 for iPad and Playstation 3 TV

Hulu has confirmed it will charge viewers for programs delivered to iPads, some TVs, and other devices — but apparently without using either Flash or HTML5. Hulu, the US broadcasters' version of the BBC's iPlayer, said on Tuesday that its long-rumored Hulu Plus service will cost you $9.99 a month. If you like paying for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

So, Hulu Plus is available worldwide, then?

Given that el Reg has access to it. I'd be willing to pay the tenner if it means being able to watch some of the shows that the local Malaysian networks screwed over.

Troll. Because.

2. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse
    Stop

My guess...

Is that they'll be out of business within the year.

3. mlo0352
    Grenade

Android

Another win for android? Even if they don't make an app (who cares...), shouldn't the ability to use flash in the browser with 2.2 make it so that Android phones (and eventually tablets) will have the best service? The exact same as the desktop service...(I haven't used it in a while...is it still free?)

4. 2000$

sumsung

i have sumsung la40b53 before 3 days i saw i line black in middle what i can do to resolve this problem

5. LuMan
    Paris Hilton

Sky model??

Will Hulu follow Sky's subscription model; buy something to access the service, pay for watching both shows and adverts, then pay again for the really good stuff like sports events and movies?

If so, forget it. I'm sticking with Freeview and iPlayer. They may not be groundbreaking, but at least I FEEL like I'm getting value for money.

1. TimNevins
      Thumb Down

Sky Model

Don't forget bait and switch.

Sky first offered subscription based Sports Channels without adverts.

Then a few years later they slipped in adverts.

The model works. Unfortunately.

6. The BigYin

If I pay...

...I don't want to see ads. Ever.

If the BBC can do it for around £12 a month, so can anyone else.

7. TimNevins
    Thumb Down

No surprise

Has anyone seen the Hulu advert(feat Alec Baldwin) for the Superbowl?

It's up on Youtube somewhere.

Very creepy.Explains a lot.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like