back to article FarmVille moooves onto iPhone

FarmVille, the game enjoyed by millions to the bemusement of everyone else, is in the iTunes app store – for those who can't bear to be separated from their crops. The free download promises all the pointless monotony and social climbing of the Facebook version, though not using Flash obviously. Farmville on the iPhone When …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ralphe Neill
    Headmaster

I'm so sorry about that headline ...

I should think so, too! It's not fair to udders!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Call me sad, but I just might download this

I've not played Farmville on Facebook, but I am on Facebook and most of my friends (family actually) play Farmville so much that I had to stop all the Farmville messages from them all. Now that it's on the iOS I might just have to give it a go.

Curious, though, why are they giving it away? I'd have thought at a low price point there wouldn't be any difference in number of downloads versus giving it away for free. I'd even pay for it.

I think the more interesting thing about this story is that Zynga had previously said they would not develop apps for the iOS, and here they are. This surely is another nail in Flash's coffin?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

....to improve their social standing

If you want to improve your social standing for real go to the pub and buy your friends a drink. Sad duckers...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Pint

Title Required

I wonder which sad bastard (bastards for future) down voted this post?

1. LaeMing
        Grenade

Not quite sure why...

...buying people drinks is any less (or more) sad than buying them some virtual thing. Or buying them all a Rolex, or a cheap teddy bear, or a rose. It is all the same inter-personal action targeting the same aspect of human behavior. But singling out others as 'inferior' to oneself in any way possible for a small ego trip is also an integral aspect of human behavior (in fact I am probably doing it myself right now).

In the long-end we are all dead and forgotten with the entire works of humanity subducted back into the mantle. Then the Sun consumes the Earth before dying itself.

And, no I'm not your downvoter, sad bastard (aka someone who won't reinforce your ego trip) or otherwise.

Never played farmville. Prefer sadville. That may be my chronic depression expressing itself ;-P

4. The Dark Lord

"you'll already be getting bombarded with status updates "

Err, no. There's a hidden button on each status update allowing you to hide the person posting or the application posting the update. I've hidden all the games, and de-friended the most serious offenders.

Also, this is the only reason I log into the main Facebook site. I do everything else on it from my iPod or Tweetdeck or Lightroom.

5. Jeremy 2
    Badgers

<title/>

"The beauty of FarmVille, and the reason it has more than 70 million players, is the way in which it rewards players who rope their friends into playing,"

Sounds like a pyramid to me!

6. Reality Dysfunction
    Paris Hilton

farmville on the iphone... no luck there

Most post 70 farmvillers are using wall farming toolbars or have gone the whole hog and use a BOT to do all the boring stuff.. bet we won't see much of this from the Christian Brotherhood. ( Jesus Phone Fanbois)

How will they be able to stomach being second class Farmers?

No Eiffel Towers in their future......

7. Richard Pennington 1
    Coat

This joke is ready to harvest...

Does the small-screen version have a cropped image?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Now we know why Facebook turned profit

Now we know why facebook turned profit. It is a pity that this got a blind eye in Germany, Belgium and a few other countries where pyramid marketing as well facilitating it is a criminal offence.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I went, I played, I left

Nuff said.

10. tim-e
    Coat

argh

Crap like Farmville was one of the reasons I quit Facebook.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like