back to article Production problems push back white iPhone 4 release

Apple has put back the release of the white iPhone 4 by a month or more. It claimed that making these boys had "proven more challenging to manufacture than expected". The upshot: they won't be out until "the second half of July". Apple's iPhone 4 went on sale this morning, though some people who ordered the handset in advance …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

"The math doesn't work," George Bush

Since when does 20 days equal a month or more, and since when does the 14th of the month appear in the 2nd half of the month?

1. Kay Burley ate my hamster
      FAIL

It must be a dastardly plot against Apple!!!

Damn the Register for misleading us so.

It must be a dastardly plot against Apple!!!

I nearly waited a month or so before checking if I could get some crappy glass-backed locked down lack of choice box. Bugger, can you tell I'd rather be seen with a 3310?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Joke

@Lost hamster

"Bugger, can you tell I'd rather be seen with a 3310?"

Or a waxed string and two tin cans - sure would be an improvement over the 3310.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

"The literacy skills don't work" AC

"Since when does 20 days equal a month or more, and since when does the 14th of the month appear in the 2nd half of the month?"

Because it's the WHITE iphone that's moved by a month or more. The BLACK iphone is available on the 14th. Two different stories y'see...

2. vulcan
    WTF?

WTF

Why would a white iPhone be more difficult to produce than a black one????????

1. Oliver Mayes

Simple

They've got to make a black one and give it a REALLY good clean. They must have run out of cloths.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ah memories....

I remember the old days of 80's computing, where they used to announce stuff, come up with a random release date out of their arse, and then start shifting in volume months afterwards if ever,

After the retro computer fair last weekend, and me digging my old speccy out of the loft and playing Jet set willy, this week is starting to feel just like we have gone back in time 30 years!.

4. Yazovets
    WTF?

Color discrimination

How could color possibly matter in production!? It's merely a casing...

5. Tom Cooke

@Yazovets

Hmm, possible. Pigment = chemical; different pigment = different chemical; different chemical plus same case plastic = different properties; case cracks during assembly?

You never know...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like