back to article Nokia, Heroes writer team up for immersive eco D&D fun

Nokia is to launch a lavish "alternative reality" promotion in partnership with Heroes creator Tim Kring. The phone giant touts 'Conspiracy For Good' as a "multi platform narrative" that's "an immersive experience" - users will be able to play free online games but these blur with real life events, staged and paid for by Nokia …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. mafoo
    Thumb Down

Real Usage

I envisage all of 5 people playing this for a month and then moving back to trolling forums.

Wonder how much nokia is gona shell out.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Nokia Game

Sounds like a continuation of the 'Nokia Game' of ten or so years ago.

Should be pretty cool

1. Shane McCarrick

Nokiagame

Yes- it certainly does sound like Nokiagame has been brought back to life! It was great fun- and there were lots of Nokia branded goodies for participants, which went a long way in many markets towards establishing Nokia as the premier phone brand (prior to that it was better known in much of Europe for Wellington Boots and other accessories, than electronics). Of course this was before Motorola got its act together and ate up market share from Nokia, Alcatel (haven't heard of them in a while!) and Ericsson (who despite incredible engineering- couldn't design properly, and those weird aerials!)

Bring on Nokiagame Mark 2- I for one am looking forward to it.

3. Shady

Does that mean

It's going to be promising, but will ultimately be a boring, long, drawn out piece of shit that never gets anywhere?

Off at a tangent: Who's for starting the facebook group "The campaign for bullshit-free scifi" ?

1. Ugotta B. Kiddingme
      Thumb Up

or how about...

... an "I can't be arsed with Facebook but would very much like bullshit-free scifi"

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

gah

"Nokia - trying way too hard at everything except making a Symbian phone that doesn't fucking crash" seems to be the most apropos slogan for recent years.

5. Seanmon

Bah.

Balloon-headed rubbish.

(Stomps off.)

6. TeeCee Gold badge
    Black Helicopters

This makes me want.......

........a job with "Blackwell Briggs".

I'll take "shitloads of money for dubious ethics" over "conspiracy for good" any day.

7. Jerome 0
    Thumb Down

Kring?

This sounds as ridiculously simplistic and childish as Heroes. Ultimately, it's likely to be about as satisfying too.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like