back to article Premature ejaculation means fanbois get iPhones early

Fans who pre-ordered an iPhone 4 are getting them a day early, thanks to FedEx's efficiency, so now they only have to remember to breathe for 24 hours. An email sent out to those who pre-ordered makes it clear that delivery should be expected on June 23, a full day before the laggard retailers start putting handsets into hands …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Not yet shipped

My order status is still "Not yet shipped". No charge on my card yet either. It still says Delivers on 24th, I guess I'll have to wait and see...

1. John 79

Ditto.

+1

Was getting worried. Still am since my microsim hasn't activated yet.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Micro SIM

I picked up my micro sim from an O2 shop yesterday and activated it on their website. It was pretty much instant. I've got it in my 3G right now.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

iPads

A lot of people in the UK got their preordered iPad delivered one day before "launch" day, so it seems possible that it could happen for the new iPhone too.

3. The Original Ash
    Dead Vulture

Nice title

Shame it set off the filtered word capture on my network's monitoring software, and now I'll get to explain to my boss how it came to be that an IT news source was referring to "gentleman's issues"

Needless to say the RSS headline feed has been removed from my aggregator.

1. Uncle Slacky Silver badge
      Headmaster

Change of use

It used to be a perfectly acceptable word for expressing sudden outbursts (of speech) - ISTR Sherlock Holmes used to do it a lot. But enough pedagoguery from me...

2. Annihilator
      Happy

Explain to your boss

That it's a private medical matter and he shouldn't be snooping - it's causing you a great deal of stress, which will probably exacerbate it thinking about. So he's making you ill.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

When will I get it from Walmart at $99.97 ?

Title says it all.

Paris, cos she's worth more.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

titillation

"Drink enough during the game and your iPhone will be in your hands by the time you sober up."

Shouldn't that be:

Drink enough _responsibly_ during the game and your iPhone will be in your hands by the time you sober up.

1. GarethJones
      Pint

Responsibly???

Since when do IT workers drink anything responsibly, coffee, coke, beer. ETC. :-)

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Sigh

Why is it that the Reg spend all their time belittling Apple and anyone who like their products?

It's getting rather tiresome. Yes I like the iPhone- but I also like a lot of Android phones (and, if pushed, I could live with a Blackberry). It is actually possible to make a rational evaluation of the phones out there and choose an iPhone over an Android-based phone (and vice-versa, all depending on your priorities) and yet all the derogatory wording is reserved for anyone who expresses a preference for the former. There does seem to be a very heavy bias here (that is notably missing on the Reg Hardware site).

Is this just sour grapes because Apple won't invite you to their birthday parties?

(Not posted anonymously because I'm proud to say that I associate myself with any company that works to improve the usability of products when so much of the industry thinks solely in terms of specifications.)

1. Angus 2

hmm

Can I suggest respectfully that you are at the wrong website if you don't like being made fun of. The Register is pretty even handed about who it makes fun of, ie pretty much everyone.

1. Andy ORourke
        Joke

+1

El Reg is an equal opportunity Piss Taker (Just that some get the piss taken more than others)

7. The First Dave
    Boffin

"tomorrow's game against Slovenia"

Sorry, but tomorrow's game is against England - Blighty is more than one country, don't you know?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Mmmm

Given that England qualified and you didn't...STFU...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Nooooooooooo

Please dont invite more muppets to tell us about their stupid fones.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's nice of fedex

At least they'll save fanbois another washing load of u*ine sodden bill grundies.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmmm...

Knuckle dragging football fans and iPhone owners... I hadn't seen the link before now, but you know what, there is a fair old intersection on my Venn diagram.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Stop

Ooh, well done!

@AC 14:48

That was a witty and well-conceived post. Tell me, did you use BOTH brain cells for that? Or just the ones hanging slightly below your penis??

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

premature ejaculate would suggest....

these are men and not boys. The fact that anyone would be that excited about a useless phone, suggests otherwise!

12. Andrew Williams
    Pint

How droll...

And here was me thinking this blog was about Windows 7 mobile. What was I thinking! How could I ever suspect that the reg would ever stoops so low as to dupe a poor numpty like me. I'm aggrieved. I'm ever so tempted to throw a chair or few.

That or I'll just go looking for a better beer.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like