back to article Russian video chat site mulls todger filter

Video chat site Chatroulette may deploy genitalia-filtering software to stem the considerable tide of pervs flocking to the property to show world+dog their penises, TechCrunch has reported. With more than a million visitors per day, the Russian site is generating plenty of interest from Silicon Valley investors. The, er, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yeah, like that's going to work

never underestimate the todger-flashers and serial masturbators. Where there's a willy, there's a way.

2. Frumious Bandersnatch

on the plus side ...

this software would be great for those looking for images of todgers. If you're into that sort of thing, of course. Er, shuffling right along ... I wonder if it'll be GPL?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Whew

So the lady-bits will still be visible? I mean, assuming that ever happened anyway. How is that fair?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tug of war why bother

this todger flinging site will wither and shrivel up soon. I spent 10 mins and saw more cocks then i would in a shower after a match. most of them were pretty bad and lame.. Saw one twattypuss but it was kinda old n fat i think anyway how this site can make munny i dont know. i cant see it surrviving and i dont think the user base is as big as they promote.

In my ten mins i saw the same mickey many times. In fact or my opinion its really sad. surely these guy can beat the meat to something else. These chicken choking dude need to get out of the house and go out and perve in the real world. Flashing in the high street is more fun less shameful and sometimes you will actually get a bed for the night ok its at her majestys plesure but hey at least someones getting pleasure.

Anyway ban this sausage party. it s useless and just awful. maybe the willy filter will work but i dont know.

rant rant rant

5. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

oh boy oh boy.

"he todger-filtering software would be programmed to scan video feeds for male genitalia and block those that turn up positive. "

Good thing that mine turns down, I'll be the only dick on Chatroulette...

6. Roger Jenkins

Todger flashers

I once observed when a woman went to a webcam site. I was absolutely stunned by the amount of men who think that sitting naked flashing their todger is a turn on for women.

I am not talking about a few, I am talking hundreds, one after the other.

If they could only do as I did and observe, I'm sure they would see the absolute stupidity behind what they do.

I'm sure most women do what my friend did and just shut the site down out of pure 'frustration'.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

De gustibus and so on...

What is tarnishing the brand for one maybe a business model and branding for another.

Example: creating the biggest environmental disaster since the Gulf and Chernobyl by deliberately "outsourcing risk" to contractors may be tarnishing the image of BP. It is however a brand bonanza for Despair Inc:http://www.despair.com/bp.html

Nuff said, me coat.

P.S. Anyone who has an objection to BP "deliberately outsourcing risk" please explain Buncefield and Alaska. There the contractors got the blame. In the gulf BP was 2 contractors away from the fault so expected a repeat performance of "blame the contractor". It however did not happen - Obama's administration went straight for the jugular.

It is a real pity that this will not create the corporate governance precedent it really needs to create.

8. Ralph B
    Big Brother

Good News and Bad News

Bad news for people who have a nose shaped like a penis.

Good news for pervs who have a penis shaped like a nose.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Input from Ashton Kutcher...

If all sites had a dick filter Mr Kutcher would be removed from the internet forever.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

'Input from Ashton Kutcher'

I'm glad the context of his 'input' was eventually defined.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Good choice of words!

'... block those that turn up positive ...'

ROTFL!

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Maybe the rhythmical shaking motion is easier to recognise

than the still image, but I still find it hard to believe that software could reliably recognise todgers.

Blocking the users who are "consistently skipped over by other users" sounds simple enough, but they might circumvent the blocking by coming back as a new user ... if they realise they're being blocked. So, instead of blocking them, connect them to simulated partners who react in the expected way (by immediately skipping). That way you keep everyone happy.

Alternatively, connect them to simulated partners who enjoy being masturbated at. A bit harder to simulate, but I don't suppose the wankers are particularly demanding. Not a good way of training those individuals for life in the real world, but perhaps it keeps them off the streets ...

13. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

todger dodger

Finally, a fully automated todger dodger.

14. phuzz Silver badge
    IT Angle

Who'll develope this?

Whether or not this is possible, some poor developer is going to have to look at a lot of dicks to write this filter.

Not my idea of a fun job, (even if you do like penises, staring at them all day must get old).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I wonder how one describes it on one's CV ...

EOM

15. Pet Peeve
    WTF?

Say what?

Chatroulette has a "brand identity"?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Say what?

I thought dangly manly bits was their brand identity...

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If they were clever

They'd offer a separate premium service for all those who sign on to Chat Roulette in the hope of seeing man bits.

“If he doesn't make a dramatic move soon to clean up the service, the brand will be permanently tarnished,"

Didn't the Chat Roulette brand come pre-tarnished?

This topic is closed for new posts.