back to article Alleged Biden threat spoofer drops plea deal

The tech-savvy man accused of emailing threats to US Vice President Joe Biden, spoofed from his neighbour's account, has upped the stakes of the legal ordeal he faces. Alleged Minneapolis nuisance neighbour Barry Ardolf has ditched his deal to plead guilty and wants to go to trial. This will mean he's likely to face charges of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Apart from the accused, who is the victim?

If the answer is basically "nobody" perhaps the case isn't really worth pursuing and the police and judicial resources could be better used elsewhere.

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

WTF?

So the guy who people would of thought was a peado and potentially could of been shot in a police raid against a suspected terrorist was not a victim?

Shhheeezz get a grip.

2. Stevie

Er...

The *neighbor* is the victim. The "accused" attempted to get him into serious trouble, the sort that never goes away. I'd say the trail of intended hurt is glaringly obvious.

But then, I also felt that removing the back seat and carpets from a car so it could be hosed out was a dead giveaway in the Reiser case too, rather than "eccentric but harmless behavior and no indication of guilt".

I guess I just don't get it.

2. dogged

title

"Mahoney told District Judge Donovan Frank in a hearing in federal court yesterday that a 15-year-old child could hack into Wi-Fi and spoof email as Ardolf is alleged to have done."

True story.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why do I get the feeling

Ardolf has an ongoing spat with his neighbor and this was all about getting the neighbor in trouble, not actually a real threat to Biden or distributing child pr0n?

1. Dave 52

@Why do I get the feeling

Whether the threat was really or not, it set in motion a series of events that wasted secret service time and money on dealing with the threat. And the child pr0n is what it is, and it was transmitted. Sounds like this guy will get f*cked when he gets to trial.

4. Stevie

Bah!

Git.

Add "wasting taxpayer money on this malicious stupidity" to the charges.

5. Stuart Halliday
    Joke

Get it right.

Judge Frank said: "No glares, no stares, no walk-bys, no drive-bys."

No, no, no! It's "No touch, no talk, no eye contact".

Ask Cesar Millan. woof, woof.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

But

Can he still fling his dogs poop over the fence?

This is time-honored bad neighbor behavior!

7. kain preacher

title

If he did it he is an idiot for not taking the plea deal. The feds are going rake him over the coals.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like