back to article iPhone 4 preorder system exposes private user data

Preordering for Apple's iPhone 4 got off to a rocky start on Tuesday, with long lines, system outages, and an AT&T server that exposed sensitive account information for existing users of the must-have mobile device. For the second time in less than a week, Gizmodo reported, AT&T was caught exposing private information …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Inachu
    Unhappy

bad bad bad apple.

It seems Apple really does not care about customer security anymore.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

did i miss something?

When was this Apple's fault?

I think you will find it is ATT

2. nickrw

Re: bad bad bad apple.

Did you read the article? s/apple/att/i

3. Anonymous Coward
      Stop

Nothing to do with Apple

Blame AT&T.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

Read much?

> It seems Apple really does not care about customer security anymore.

It seems you didn't even bother to read the article.

It was AT&T - not Apple you pillock!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Troll

Please do not feed the troll

Please do not feed the troll. Thank-you.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

AT & T

Avoid

This

Telco

1. Andy 17
      FAIL

No Biggie

Just change your identity and relocate - no big deal

4. MarkRBowyer
    Jobs Horns

Browser selection?

I couldn't get it to work in the UK at first yesterday morning - but I was using Firefox. On a hunch I tried Safari, and wasn't at all surprised to find it working a lot better. I completed my order (and then canceled the £10,000 iPhone 4 Dock) in Safari while attempts with Firefox kept giving me server error pages. Yes, I had to hit reload a few times and log in twice, but it worked. It wasn't until after they shut the store down for an hour and brought it back that Firefox got in to look at the iPhone and accessories pages.

Odd?

Ta,

Mark.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Jobs Halo

HTML5

Well obviously they've implemented HTML5, which as everyone knows only Safari can deal with. Duh.

5. lucmars

Apple should become a telco then

After all, if telcos give the feeling of a bad experience with the Apple's products, Apple should control that too.

6. Andy 17
    FAIL

No Biggie

Just change your identity and relocate. No big deal!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Inachu...

How can you have read that article and think it's all Apple's fault? As far as I can see AT&T suck in the US, makes me feel luck y to have 5+ operators over here in the UK!

8. A Non e-mouse Silver badge
    Dead Vulture

Misleading headline ?

Er, isn't the problem more here AT&T's website(s), rather than the iPhone, Apple, etc ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Dead Vulture

Arse Monkeys invade Microsoft

Don't be silly, misleading headlines grab attention more than the truth! Note: this title is in fact true.

9. Scott 1

@Inachu

It was AT&T who made the blunder. Not that I mean to imply that Apple loves its customers, but that this particular incident shouldn't reflect badly on them.

10. rcdicky
    Grenade

The title of the article unfairly points at the iPhone/Apple

Yes, once you're in and reading it's very clear it's an AT&T issue, but the title should read "AT&T iPhone 4 Preorder System"

Guessing it'd generate more page hits or something the way it is...

And damn AT&T, glad we don't have you here in the UK!

11. TeeCee Gold badge
    Joke

"AT&T representatives didn't respond to an email seeking comment."

Just a suggestion, but maybe they've all taken advantage of the staff discount and bought iPads from, er, AT&T?

Thus either your missive is buried under a mountain of spam or it's languishing in an inbox which is pwned by someone else these days. I'd suggest calling them on the phone, but from the gist of previous articles here they probably haven't got a working one of those either.

12. Giles Jones Gold badge

Second failure

Firstly AT&T exposed emails of iPad users and now this.

I wonder why Apple stick with these clowns? I guess they give Apple a big cut of monthly rental charges, money that should really be spent improving their network.

13. the bat
    Thumb Down

Weird Programming

I think the guy in the basement is with a cobol for dummies is writing ATT software!

This topic is closed for new posts.