back to article Led Zeppelin catalogue goes digital

Veteran rock outfit Led Zeppelin has announced it'll make its catalogue available on 13 November from "all online music retailers", Reuters reports. Guitarist Jimmy Page said in a statement: "We are pleased that the complete Led Zeppelin catalogue will now be available digitally. The addition of the digital option will better …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

AAAAHAHAAAAAHAH

Hey Jimmy we could really do with a concert in Australia thanks ! Going digital fantastic, I have never bought music online before but now I have an excuse, The Song Remains The Same is my favourite Album and I used to have it on record. (shit how old am I)

2. Paul Talbot
    Joke

Really?

"available from all online music retailers"

Well, I'll look forward to using my eMusic subscription to get the lot then! (yeah, right...).

3. Ian Damage

Agreed..

We could definately do with a gig down here in Oz. I'll still go along and make my own mp3's off my own cd's thanks, not paying again for something I already have.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Song remains rubbish!

"The song remains the same" was absolute rubbish, and it will take a lot more than a remix to fix it-I saw the movie on its debut and the audio and playing quality was abysmal. I am guessing they have rerecorded large chunks if they want a half decent product.

5. David Haworth
    Alert

Strange ...

Does that mean that all my Zep CDs are analogue? Didn't know there was such a thing...

6. Ralph B

Whisper it ... b*tt*rr*nt

I rather think Led Zeppelin's catalogue went digital a few years ago.

7. W
    Dead Vulture

"are" not "is"

"Led Zeppelin is, of course, due to appear..."

As far as I'm aware, there are no US gigs planed.

So meanwhile, here in the UK;

Led Zeppelin *are*, of course, due to appear...

8. jimbarter
    Pirate

drm?

If they are at all protected in any way whatsoever it will be a shambles...

9. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Led Zeppelin catalogue

Became digital in my CD collection about 15 years ago.

It then appeared digital on my PC about 8 years ago.

It remained digital ever since, although at one stage I thought of making some of it analogue by recording a few songs on my tape deck for use in a walkman...

10. Demian Phillips
    Coat

Remix?

How can the song remain the same if it is remixed?

This topic is closed for new posts.