back to article China net addicts' great escape foiled by taxi drivers

An attempt by 14 desperate Chinese internet addicts to break out of an online re-education centre was foiled when the taxis they'd hired to facilitate their getaway dropped them off at the nearest nick. The 14 teenagers burst out of the internet addiction bootcamp in Jiangsu after overpowering the commandant teacher and tying …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Trevor 7
    Unhappy

Bad home life?

Sad that they would rather go back to the camp, than home to their parents.

1. Pablo

Ambiguous pronouns

I read that to mean their parents told police to the the kids back to the camp. So yeah, I guess you're right after all, bad home life.

2. Tom Maddox Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Seems like it's working

Being in this camp has already taught these youths valuable lessons about resourcefulness and perseverance. Next time, they'll know better than to trust the taxi drivers. Also, I anticipate a wacky sitcom based on these real-life events!

3. Sim~

wow

lol - that's all I have to say.

4. JC 2
    Paris Hilton

Is It?

... the whole world that has gone mad, or only me?

1. chr0m4t1c
      Thumb Up

Hang on, I'll check...

The Voices say that's it's you.

5. I didn't do IT.
    Happy

Re: Socialized Child Care

"All of them told the police to take them back to the camp...which their ... parents pay around $2635 for six months."

How much would *you* pay for six months of 24/7 child care for an unruly teen?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Deal!

Bloody hell! Where can I sign up my kids? AC, in case they read this...

2. Steve Roper

Erm...

Considering how much the average Chinese earns, I'd say somewhere in the vicinity of fifty grand would be the equivalent for us?

6. Henry Wertz 1 Gold badge

Probably is...

Being forced off the computer, out under the cruel natural light of the daystar (oh how it burns!) to exercise? I guess that could be boring and exhausting 8-).

I'm most amused by the cab driver dropping them off at the police station when he realized they didn't have money 8-).

7. Decius

Surely...

this qualifies as a human rights violation? Being held in isolation and deprived of 'net access?

Oh, wait. China. Incommunicado inprisonment is ineveitable.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like