back to article Panda soups up freebie cloud anti-virus

Panda Security has improved the functionality of its free cloud-based anti-malware service and launched a new commercial version, Panda Cloud Antivirus Pro. The paid-for version, which costs from $29.95, offers expanded support and automation. Panda said nearly 10 million users have used Panda Cloud Antivirus (the free …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pat Ar
    Coat

Panda Soups

Green Peace advises against Panda soups!

2. Peet McKimmie
    FAIL

What has this got to do with soup?

Did you perchance mean "supes up"...? It's a phrase that is derived from "supercharging" and has nothing to do with soup.

1. Not That Andrew

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

Maybe you West Pondians spell it that way but here on the East of the Pond we say "souped up".

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Post Title Here

Us West Pondians also spell it "souped up". Not sure what he's on.

3. JR 3
    FAIL

Used half my CPU

Installed it on my netbook and it used 50% of my CPU constantly. Uninstalled it and reinstalled antivir.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good idea, but...

How would it perform for people with a crappy Internet link, i.e. those stuck with a 56k connection because their phone can't pick up a UMTS signal due to them being in the deepest depths of Borneo and the only available towers are ancient GSM ones erected at the end of the last millennium?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@Peet

Sorry, but it seems you are misled - "Souped-up" is the preferred spelling both in the states and in the UK.

For quick verification of popularity, check Google search.

Also, there is this from the Online Etymology Dictionary which is interesting:

"increase the horsepower of an engine," 1921, probably from soup (n.) in slang sense of "narcotic injected into horses to make them run faster" (1911), influenced by supercharge (v.).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like