back to article LucasArts to wield Wii Light Sabre in UK next week

British fans of Nintendo Wii and Star Wars will get a first glimpse of the Wii Remote as a Light Sabre at a gaming festival being held later this month. Lego_star_wars_v2 Lego Star Wars: kick against the bricks LucasArts will be exhibiting the Wii Remote as a Light Sabre alongside its forthcoming Wii title Lego Star Wars …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Fenwar
    Alien

But will it work like it should...

i.e.:

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/games/2010.html

?

2. Alex
    Paris Hilton

Right on!

The one thing I was waiting for regarding me getting a Wii!

Yup, SWLego-Fanboy alert!!

Woot! Woot!

3. Andy Worth
    Alien

Lol

I want one......sad as it may be.

4. Phill Key
    Happy

The force is with us....

.... But who'se hand/arm will be cut off first? Glad I got my Wii as I'm sure they will sell even faster now! Boy better get in Santa's good books now :) !

5. Bad Beaver
    Go

Finally

This is exactly what Wii've been waiting for, hope it comes with sound effects & all. I would rather have a "real" SW game along with it though. No more excuse for not getting a Wii.

6. Andy Bright
    Thumb Up

Excellent Stuff

I now have a Wii to go with the disappoint PS3, and despite the gulf in difference between the graphic chipsets, there can be no doubt the Wii is the better console for just having fun.

This is an excellent idea and I can't wait to try it out.

7. Joel
    Heart

Oh yes...

This is what I've been waiting for! Anyone want to work with me to port Dark Forces 1 & 2, full use of wii-saber and wii-gunthingy involved....

BEST IDEA EVER.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Games

What'dya bet this jump-starts the X rated Wii game market? I might just have to buy one then.

/sad, lonely geek.

9. Giles Jones Gold badge

Why just Wii

I dont see why (when they cost 20 quid) that the XBox or PS3 can't have a wiimote style controller for this game.

It sucks that you have to choose between wiimote or network play.

10. Scott Mckenzie

@Giles

Err, there's a little more to it than just the controller, like the way the controller interfaces with and is interpreted by the machine in terms of the movement sensor etc, the Xbox/PS3 just send the button presses etc, there is no movement sensor.

11. James Thomas

Rubbish.

If they are trying to shovel this into the pre-existing Lego Star Wars games (which were quite good) I can safely predict that it will be crap. Neither game actually had lightsaber fighting beyond 'press X to swing' so I can't see how they can incorporate it in any sensible way.

What you really want is something like Jedi Knight 2.

And if you're reading this Nintendo and Sega, since you two are now bossum chums; PORT TIMECRISIS ALREADY!

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Just because...

network play hasn't been properly implemented yet in Wii games, or a proper interface sorted yet, doesn't mean it won't be available at some point. I could go as far as saying, it sucks that you have to choose between decent games and innovative controllers and the PS3.

13. Alex
    Stop

@Scott - Er.. what?

That's not quite right: The XBOX controller doesn't have motion, but the PS3 has .. Never played Motorstorm (motorbike) using the controller as handlebars?? Mad, Mint, Difficult, but fun :o)

In theory there could a special edition that bundles a Lightsabre with the PS3 edition, but it's doubtful, as LucasArts has stated that it's primarily using the motion programming on the Wii only.

@ James. "PORT TIMESCRISI NOW" Lol! yeah, although the guns might not work on LCD screens (dunno if this is true now, but it used to not work...)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like