back to article Plug-in pledges to rid web of Justin Bieber

Sick to death of Justin Bieber? Help is at hand. Free Art & Technology (FAT) has launched a new browser application that promises to relieve thousands of internet users from unwanted Bieber references in TwitBook et al. The Canadian teen idol's popularity has caused so much online irritation that Greg Leuch, a developer from …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Peter Kay

The obvious response to this is : Lesbians who look like Justin Bieber

http://lesbianswholooklikejustinbieber.tumblr.com/

Then again, as I don't watch TV, I have absolutely no idea what he sounds like.

2. Greg J Preece
    Pint

Genius!

Reminds me of the plugin to prevent Rick Rolling (which I still use). Absolute genius, sirs. A pint apiece.

3. JasonW
    Troll

I must be really really lucky

... or really really old. I've honestly never heard of him.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

No such thing as bad publicity

I'd never even heard of the dude until this article...!?

5. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Who?

No, seriously. Who?

6. Dave Murray

Justin who?

Never heard of him. Probably because I don't frequent the pointless Farcebook, Twatter, etc or watch any banal talent show style TV.

1. Anonymous Hero
      Coat

re: Justin who?

Me too. Ditching the TV license seems to have been the best thing I ever did. Sadly all that recovered spare time is now sunk on Twitter and Facebook :)

7. Cameron Colley

May I suggest a change for version 2?

If the add-on could blank out the text using the background color or replace it with * or just remove the word entirely from the page rendering but alert the user to the presence of the word somehow?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Ne-ver heard of him

nuf said!

9. Code Monkey

Justin who?

Another entry in the "slebs I don't give a rat's ass about but aren't worth getting angry over either" file.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

possibilities, possibilities

This could really catch on, just think, a plug in to rid us of all kinds of mindlless dross, brain dead stick insects like posh & and becks, cheryl cole, all politicians, olympics horseshit. Bring it on!

11. blackworx
    Alert

Never heard of him

But his name makes me think of a face I'd never tire of punching.

12. Graham Marsden
    Thumb Up

I am pleased to be able to say:

"who the hell is Justin Bieber?"

Followed by:

"That was rhetorical, I don't even care who Justin Bieber is!"

13. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

I believe...

...that he's a teen pop sensation. He doesn't seem to be as carpetbombed as Miley Cyrus, at least; I was unaware of him until I read some news stories about the obligatory fan riots. Seems some things never change.

Anyway, the best thing about Justin Bieber is that his existence produced this, which I found during some kind of random Google search:

http://www.perisoft.org/justinfail.jpg

Indeed.

14. Winkypop Silver badge
    WTF?

Meh?

Who...

15. YumDogfood

Meh

Like it says on the tin: "Meh".

16. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Hasn't bothered me yet

I see no reason to panic about it now.

Now that this has been brought to my attention, I checked out the Wiki page on this kid. Seems he's gone platinum on his first album thanks to his thousands of teen female fans begging to swoon over anything he does.

So he'll soon slip back into anonymity. Nothing to worry about.

This topic is closed for new posts.