back to article James Martin - guru?

James Martin popped up on BBC Radio 4's Start the Week yesterday, mapping out technology futures. I go back a long way with James Martin - not personally you understand, although I met him once. His seminal book on Computer Database Organisation was largely responsible for me becoming a DBA instead of a programmer. With …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Martin D

Guru?

You should stop reading the tarted text of two-bit techies and indulge in some real thinking courtesy of Peter Drucker. He summed it up rather nicely, 'Guru is shorthand for Charlatan.' Or words to that effect.

2. Graham Campbell

Guru....Charlatan ..... Virtual Spy

The article ‘James Martin - guru?’ was surely just introducing/confirming meta search engine methodology which simply presents present information for further deeper analysis into new Intelligence ..... Possible Supposition into Probable Cause.

And as far as the PC Industry is concerned, the algorithm which delivers the most honest of answers, and I choose that word QuITe deliberately, will rule the meta search engine hierarchy and evolve into an Operating System itself, hosted Stealthily on third party, Operating Systems. And it will alter/expose to Change, the Core Code of the host Operating System towards a more Inclusive/non-Exclusive Meme.

We see that even now with Vista ..... MicroSoft's Information Hoover, Windows attempt at stamping ITs Branding Iron on Information it has gathered from peering into Work carried out on PCs carrying ITs Operating System....... the Virtual Spy.

3. Del Merritt

It's an acronym

Good Understanding, Relatively Useless.

4. Morten Ranulf Clausen

Brilliant comment

Good stuff. "Embrace experience and tolerate the guru" is as true now as it ever was. But the most entertaining is that second comment - I've read it three times now and it still doesn't make any kind of sense. I may have to resort to LSD. Marvellous! :-D

This topic is closed for new posts.