back to article Google hits back on privacy record

Google has responded to complaints by international privacy regulators about its Buzz social networking app. Regulators, led by Jennifer Stoddart in Canada and supported by privacy bosses in France, Germany, New Zealand, Spain and the UK, accused Google of rushing products and services to market without making sure privacy and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Brian D. Switzer 1
    Thumb Down

I have one thing to say to Google...

...bull excrement. I'm not buying it. Something that broken could never have passed through any competent security expert.

2. Doshu

At the risk of repeating myslef and others

Google? Privacy?..... hm. We'll see?

3. Rocket
    Happy

buzz buzz a diddle it

Way to bring back memories of an anthem from .. oooh .. 30 years ago!?!

Rockabilly & Matchbox FTW

Sampler ...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/recsradio/radio/B000BZPRZM/ref=pd_krex_dp_a

4. Anonymous Coward
    Badgers

Gratified, are they?

"We're also gratified that a number of you, in public statements, have expressed your satisfaction about how quickly we responded to those concerns."

Well. So basically, "We have on public record that you were happy with the way we (re)acted, so you can shut your traps about trying to complain now?"

Normal Google, then, eh?

5. Anomalous Cowturd
    Megaphone

Scroogle.org rendered U/S too. Bastards!

What's the betting that they don't shout so loud about killing off Scroogle.org, with the changes they introduced yesterday.

Looks like my privoxy.conf is going to need a small editing session.

Do no evil? Yeah right, you fuckers!

6. jake Silver badge

Eh?

Isn't everything in google-space still in perpetual Beta? Makes for an easy out when called on the carpet or before the Beak ... "But yer 'onner, that product is in Beta!"

7. Chris Beach

Mountains and Molehills

The whole buzz issue is some anti-googleites making more of an issue than was ever present! Yes Google made a mistake, but they also resolved that mistake far quicker than any other company has done.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like