back to article Ten Essential... iPhone Games

Despite Nintendo and Sony’s cries to the contrary, the iDevices are fast becoming serious players in handheld gaming. The big software companies have begun to realise this, and are now joining the indie developers in a fight for your cash. And, with the iPad entering the UK fray in late May, iGaming is set to explode into the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lee M

http://www.playauditorium.com/

El Reg is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.

Auditorium

I'm surprised this isn't on the list - it's a novel puzzle game that works very well indeed on the iPhone.

2. Andrew Williams 1

Space Miner

Surely one of the best games on the iPhone?

3. cre@mstick360

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/steve-davis-online-pool/id317329071?mt=8

Steve Davis Pool

The best and only 59p.

4. DZ-Jay

Re: GeoDefense and GeoDefense Swarm

Dear Mr reghardware:

I am utterly disgusted by this article. It is a travesty! You are committing editorial suicide by forgetting to even mention the best game ever. Blah blah blah blah...

Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants vs Zombies! Plants v--*cough* *hack* *cough* *cough* *cough* AAAAAAAARGH!

Thud.

5. jnewco81

Puzzle Quest

Geo Defence is already here, so a shout for Puzzle Quest and also Bookworm

6. Nibbles

Bejewelled!!!!!!!

Wow, what a surprise that Bejewelled is not up on your list.... Hours of fun!

You have chosen such typical boy games - yawn!

7. Wilm

DoodleJump

Invented a whole genre, and was the top selling game for ages for a good reason. Still near the top of the hitlist now. Pure casual gaming crack.

8. Stu

http://uk.wireless.ign.com/articles/100/1003185p1.html

Worms iPhone

A great list, but...

C'mon, the olde favourite that started life on the 16bit systems, updated time and time again. A childhood wonder of a game, spent countless hours in front of, alongside similar titles like lemmings.

Now available in your pocket.

Sure the iPhone version got bad reviews, but I think they've corrected a lot of them since the reviews.

Plus some of the control anomalies are easily remedied provided you actually follow the instructions and directly tap on the worm to make him jump forward.

Hopefuly we'll see a new version for the iPad, due to the iPhones small screen making zooming in and out a regular necessity. The iPad should completely alleviate this.

The single player campaigns are pretty long too, I'm still going from level 33 with no end in sight!

3Gs specific enhancements too mean it can't be beat.

9. @Grrrrraant

Name or title of what you are suggesting

How dare you.

You didn't read my mind and make your 10 favs the same as mine.

It's a fcuking outrage.

10. marathonman

Fieldrunners

How can this be a complete list without including fieldrunners?

I bought this app over a year ago and I still spend a good few hours playing it each day!

Absolute quality!

11. Jay Cooper

Bejewlled

It's just awesome. Blitz is one minute of amazing fun and gets so damn competitive.

12. richard 69

battleships + bullseye

battleships - classic and now with some cool animations and MEGA WEAPONS!!

bullseye - classic and now with great playability, crap prizes and tony greens voice (but only an animation of jim bowen)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like