back to article Mac fanbois finally get Carakan of love with Opera 10.52

Norwegian browser maker Opera Software released a completed version of Opera 10.52 for the Apple Mac today. The company had previously been beavering away at taking Opera 10.50 for Windows from pre-alpha to a final version in about 10 weeks, by releasing the browser just one day after Microsoft rolled out its Windows browser …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sven

FanBois?

Its starting to get old, a little like M$.

1. jai
      Gates Horns

lol

M$ never gets old hahaha

2. Tom Maddox Silver badge
      Jobs Horns

Cry, fanboi, cry

Your tears, while not delicious, are amusing.

2. MarkOne

and VERY good it is too.

Passes more CSS3 tests than any other Mac browser, completes ACID3 100% faster than Safari and Chrome(click the A for the times), beats FF/Chrome/Safari for performance on Sunspider and Peacekeeper and Sputnik beats everything on javascript compliance...

I'm loving OperaLink, as it keeps all my stuff like Notes, Speed Dial and Bookmarks sync'd with Opera on the phone...

http://sputnik.googlelabs.com/compare

1. Anonymous Coward
      Boffin

100% faster?

I can 100% promise you that's not true.

1. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

"100% completion, faster than any other browser"

What confused you was the tautology in "completes ACID3 100%". Remove "100%" and the sentence is less ambiguous.

3. Craig Foster
    Coat

oblig.

But does it do Flash?

4. Robert Ramsay
    Happy

Hurrah!

And this update puts back the MDI controls in the top right of the window!

5. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD
    Paris Hilton

what the hell is a...

carakan???

1. TeeCee Gold badge
      WTF?

Re: what the hell is a...

I'm rather more interested in what a "Futhark" is.

That was the one that derailed my train of thought while reading the article......

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Opera for Mac may be the best browser

I've been using Opera for Mac since RC1 of v10.5x...and it's really fast -- with great features not found elsewhere. To mention one of 100 features, I love using the integrated Fast-Forward button to quickly go to the next page of news or blog articles without ever hunting for the NEXT PAGE link, ever again.

As @MarkOne mentioned, having my Speed Dial settings and bookmarks and custom searches sync'd over-the-air to Opera Mini 5 on my iPhone is also really powerful, also.

If you haven't tried Opera lately, check it out; it changes browsing on your computer or phone, I think.

1. mafoo
      Thumb Down

erm

You've obviously never tried to write vaguely complicated web apps for opera then.

Opera market share <2% ... IE 6 Market Share 20%

Both about as painful to code for.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Thumb Down

Re: erm

Surely, if your "vaguely complicated web apps" were standards compliant, Opera would have no problem...

(or maybe they're just too bleeding-edge for their own good - look boss, shiny!!)

7. Seareach
    Jobs Halo

bois 2 men

Speaking as a 60 yr old fan man, I don't mind keeping the fanboi tag for people who defend apple mindlessly or sleep in the cold outside apple centres to be first with the latest toy.

But applied to mac users at large - i e the elect - it is getting old indeed

i

8. Seareach
    Pint

Still not fast enough...

.... to suck Letterman through AnchorFree though! .... oh well, I can dream..

9. Robbie
    Stop

"FanBois", is lazy and insulting

>> Its starting to get old, a little like M$.

"FanBois" is beyond old. I can understand a publication wanting to take pot shots at commercial entities -- Apple, Microsoft, have at it I say. I don't care. It's the constant insulting of the readership that pisses me off.

I've been a visiting for more years than I care to remember, but I've just about had enough. With the low attitude of the editorial staff, they wouldn't give a toss if we all left.

1. Not That Andrew
      Grenade

Quick! Someone call a Waaaambulance!

I use Linux , and have no objection to us penguin-botherers being called freetards. Mainly because I am not a freetard. If you community has a highly visible lunatic fringe don't complain when people identify you with the lunatic fringe, complain about the lunatic fringe and maybe try to improve the image of your community.

2. Naughtyhorse

none

As you are clearly a fanboi, and thereby constitute less than a couple of percent of the net public, and hella lot less of the tech-savvy net public (why would anyone not mesmerised by the magical - revolutionary shiny drink the iKOOLAID?), then you are prolly correct your passing would not be noticed :-)

10. Neil Greatorex
    Big Brother

Mine just updated itself

First impressions are very positive, however, I don't recall switching on any "Auto-Update" feature. I like to choose what I install/update, so that's a black mark I'm afraid.

1. Doc Spock

Opposite for me...

Running 10.10 on 10.5.8, I chose "Check for Updates..." from the Opera menu only to be told that I was fully up to date! A trip to Opera's website soon fixed that though...

11. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

@Neil Greatorex

I suspect when doing a previous update, you didn't untick the box that says something along the lines of 'update automatically without bothering me'.

12. bitten

10.52 at last The Register site is working again

Endless loading time, not working buttons have now disappeared on this site. 10.50 was probably released a little early.

This topic is closed for new posts.