back to article Microsoft coughs to Visual Studio 2010 upgrade delay

Microsoft has been forced to delay delivery of some Visual Studio 2010 Professional Upgrade pre-orders due to a “product fulfillment issue”, The Register has learned. The company apologised to EMEA customers who had ordered the software via the Microsoft online store ahead of its release earlier this week. "We apologise for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. AndrueC Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Problems with their supplier?

..what you mean the Internet?

Or are you telling me that most people still get stuff on physical media? Our converted barn only has two flaky ADSL lines giving barely more than 4Mb/s combined and we downloaded it within hours of the release announcement.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Unhappy

Converted Barn with 4Mb/s - you lucky so and sos

Our barn conversation has a mere 0.5 Mb/s - hardly worth the effort bonding an additional line - especially as contention is already through the roof.

2. DrXym

Bittorrent

Assuming MS were smart enough to adequately protect their product with licence keys, why not just scatter the distributable to the four winds? It's not like it won't be scattered ANYWAY, so perhaps a legally sanctioned download would lighten the load on themselves and mean their loyal pre-orderers get a binary sooner.

3. Malcolm 1
    Thumb Up

Already using it

There's no loss using the trial in the interim as you can just type your product key in to convert to the full version (there's no functional difference apart from the time limitation AFAIK)

1. drfreak
      Gates Halo

Me too.

People who have an MSDN subscription were able to download it on the 14th, which was the launch date.

It was slow earlier in the day, but by early afternoon Akamai must have provisioned more bandwidth because I was able to get the full ISO in about an hour.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like