back to article England fails to make World Cup 3D screening draw

England fans will not get to see their favourite World Cup team in 3D unless the players reach the group winners' matches. Fifa and Sony today announced that 25 World Cup 2010 matches will be recorded in 3D, one on each day of the tournament, from the first game between South Africa and Mexico to the final. Ironically given …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Who Cares?

Quite why anyone needs to see some overpaid muppet scratching their balls in 3D is quite beyond me.

1. Annihilator
      WTF?

Around 50,000 per game

Last I checked, about 50,000+ people will be watching the World Cup matches in 3D, depending on the capacity of each stadia...

Quite why anyone would go to a bloody CINEMA to watch 3D football is beyond me though.

2. Alpha Tony

Meh

As I understand it from the feedback on the Sky 3D trials it is a bit of a gimmick anyway.

From what I heard the staged shots at the beginning where the camera was going down the line-ups etc. were very nice, but you can't watch a football game from up close. You watch most of the game pulled right back so you can see what is going on and the further away the subject if from the screen the less the 3D effect will be noticeable.

Also what is this assumption that we want to watch everything in 3D? Do they really envisage a world where we watch Eastenders and the News in 3D? It adds a bit of fun when watching something like Avatar or a Pixar film, but it doesn't really add that much to the experience and having watched two 3D films in one day last weekend I found that over-use of it gave me a bit of a headache.

3. John A Blackley

Save bandwidth

The entire story is, "England fans will not get to see their favourite World Cup team in 3D".

4. rastansaga

Scotland

I hear Scotland's games will be available in zero-D

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like