back to article God of War III

The God of War trilogy spans two PlayStation generations, and God of War III could not look better - or prove the PS3’s abilities - in a more stunning way. This hotly anticipated HD bloodbath of guts and lost heads - sorry, Helios - is a godsend for Sony. God of War III God of War III: revenge is a dish best served cold. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gareth 18

Hmmmm

Its pretty obvious that you have missed the entire point of God of War, or you haven't played any of the previous games.

There is no higher purpose.

There is no desire to do good.

There is only revenge and hatred and guilt.

I agree it makes Kratos a slightly unpallatable character, but that is what makes God of War so different and special. Its good to play a character that just doesn't care and is so warped by his own guilt that he has become single visioned and doesn't give a shit about who or what gets in his way.

Its an incredible game. Its about as awesome as a game can be.

2. Jason D
    Happy

Good review

I've only heard good things about this game, and I'm currently playing through the first one (not having a PS3).

Just curious though, is there any particular reason that a games review appeared on RegHardware? I don't disagree necessarily, but it does seem slightly odd given that there have never been any reviews of games (aside from iPhone apps).

3. Thomas 4
    IT Angle

Not that I'm complaining....

...but when did El Reg start reviewing games?

1. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Not that I'm complaining....

It started today, and there'll be a lot more coming.

4. romega
    WTF?

What the hell...

is this review doing here? Don't get me wrong I like SOFTWARE reviews but what is doing on Reg HARDWARE?

1. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

Re: What the hell...

Because Reg Hardware is El Reg's consumer products site and so is the best place for games reviews since we already cover console, PC and handheld gaming.

5. cre@mstick360
    Thumb Down

Bayonetta is the preferred choice...

GOW 3 = Same same and nothing different.

If you enjoy cinematic sequences you'll like.

Wouldn't buy - has rental written all over it.

1. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD

Bayonetta etc..

They're all the same genre though innit? Single player games with no significant multiplayer content? I wouldn't touch bayonetta for the same reasons I wouldn't touch this.

6. Skydreamer
    Unhappy

18+ - so Oz loses out

no R18+ category in Australia so we won't get it unless the classification board decides to allow it in as a MA15 title as it frequently does...

1. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD

Down under

Seen in the shops...

http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-999126-250GB-PlayStation-3--God-of-War-3-PlayStation-3

In stock it says as well on the website.

/shrug...

I refuse to buy it on grounds it does not interest me firstly and I am one upset Sony customer (Firmware 3.21).

7. Filippo Silver badge

finishing Poseidon

That sequence was intense specifically because it's so realistic. Nobody is attacking with beams of light, nobody is doing double jumps or lifting tons of rock, and there's not a shred of epicness - this is something YOU could do to someone, except that you can't because you're not a psycho. It's where the player starts thinking that maybe Kratos is not that justified after all.

8. cre@mstick360
    Pint

Why not game reviews...?

What are you doing here, If you don't play video games?

If RH want to provide me with a game review, I'll consume and comment.

Personally think their actual 'Hardware' reviews are pretty good.

Gaming is hugely popular and I bet I'm not the only reader who owns a console?

Even if you only did buy the PS3 for the Blu-ray (You know who you are).

More game reviews and for those who don't play, please don't comment.

Gamers only please as I'm sure there are a few of us....

9. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD
    Coat

Remember this is a single player game.

Pwning AI...

meh...

Pwning a real live human opponent.... or two... or more... Priceless.

Not for me for this reason. But to each his or her own.

By the way, I just had to say this since this is about the PS3 and all, Sony have pissed me off so much with firmware 3.21 I am actively advocating the boycott of any and all Sony products. Sony slapped me in the face then kicked me in the knackers.

When will Sony do that to you?

10. zubinho

I love it

I bought a PS3 just for this game and I think it was well worth it but I don't see any games on the horizon that tickle my fancy and that aren't going to be released on the 360 aswell.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

PS3 onlies...

I think there was a long time where games were made for one and ported to the other and therefore were constrained by the lowest common denominator but Sony have finally lost enough money giving PS3s away that it's becoming economically viable to develop games that take advantage of its superior (flame suit on) abilities.

11. Eugene Goodrich

The point

"your entire motivation seems to be killing a lot, kicking dogs and taking part in mini sex games. Where’s the empathy, or am I missing the point?"

Imagine you're a 14-year-old boy playing this game.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like