back to article MS to release emergency IE fix on Tuesday

Microsoft has announced plans to release an out-of-sequence patch, designed to resolve a zero-day vulnerability in Internet Explorer. A cumulative update to Internet Explorer (MS10-018) plugs a security hole in IE 6 and IE 7 exploited by hackers over recent weeks. The latest version of Microsoft's browser, IE 8, is not …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh come all ye fanbois, fitful and repugnant...

Let's see how many of the rabid fox cubs who were vehemently defending last week's Firebadger security chasm will be in the queue to bash IE this week...

1. The BigYin

My thoughts...

...exactly. And I use the fox!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

"Emergency IE Fix"?

What's the current total on the number of IE security fixes so far..?

1. Chemist
      Joke

Re : "Emergency IE Fix"?

Not sure but I'd bet you need better than 16-bit integers to count them !

3. mrobaer
    FAIL

emergency fix?

Shouldn't all 0day vulnerabilities that allow remote code execution be fixed in an emergency type of attitude? I hope for a day that fixes and patches begin to be developed when their need is made aware, and that once completed* they be released to the public immediately.

* By completed I mean the bugs have been worked out due to proper testing in an expedient manner, not on a set date when all updates are released.

4. Greg J Preece

An out-of-band release?

Doesn't MS have one of those every month? From what I can tell, Patch Tuesday is actually every fortnight.

5. gollux
    Grenade

The vendor lock-in pain prevention patch...

will be out soon. Tell your software developers to get with it and move up to IE-8 so we can put old, buggy browsers out to pasture, or better yet send them to the tallow plant.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like