back to article Orange days from major tariff refresh

Orange is just days away from revamping its pay-monthly packages, Reg Hardware has learned. On 31 March, Orange will "refresh" its Panther, Racoon and Dolphin packages, and bring back Canary. The mobile phone company would not comment on the changes, but detailed documents seen by Reg Hardware reveal all the imminent …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jimmy Floyd
    Megaphone

Nice exclusive, Tony

...and the sentence "Canary is replacing the current version of Dolphin" demonstrates perfectly the lunacy of Orange's tariff naming scheme.

A passerine avian conducting the tasks of a marine-based mammal?! Just give me a bloody telephone!

2. Sergie Kaponitovicz

T-Mobile 2

Jst gt txt fm TM.

Sorry, I will start again...

I received a text message from TMobile this afternoon. It is now cheaper for me to call just about anywhere in the world EXCEPT THE UK on my mobile.

Hang out the flags! How great is that?

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

FAIL..

Switched from Orange last week, after they told that that despite being a pay monthly customer with them for over 5 years, the plan i was on on "did not acrue any loyalty".

I promply showed then what loyalty was....

I picked up a HTC Hero from T-Mobile for £62 for the phone, on a £10 a month plan that includes unlimited internet (3GB fair usage), and one bolt-on of your choice (unlimited landline calls, unlimited texts, unlimited calls to other T-Mob) and comes with 100texts and 100minutes a month.

You can of course get a HTC Desire on the same £10 plan for £160 for the phone, and still enjoy unlimited internet and the unlimited texts or calls.

Basically Orange charge £25 a month for this, and have a dumb 500MB data limit.

My only fear of course, is that when Orange and T-Mobile merge, they don't become a decent T-Mobile, but a crappy Orange...

4. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Marketing and BS

'digital tribe customers'

Oh for the love of god......

1. Frazer Mountford
      WTF?

'digital tribe customers'

More like digital tripe customers

5. NX1977
    Dead Vulture

500mb of data

Wow, steady on Orange. Dont go overboard, I mean however will I use all that quota each month?

Good job I'm not giddy for numbers. Everyone else is offering Gb's of data - T-mobile 4gb/month!

6. Monkey

Decision made...

You know I've been dithering over whether to jump from Orange after 11 years as a customer after their constant fobbing off and bullshitting me about when the Desire was going to be released, and constant 3g outages lately due to 'network upgrades'. Either go SIM free and pay my costs up front or go to t-mobile with some very tasty tariffs...

Decision made after having this confirmed by a friend who works for Orange. See you and I shall be taking all three contracts in my household with me too.

7. David Beck

Just copy the T-M tariffs

Why can't they just copy the T-M tariffs? No animals just minutes, texts and data in various combinations with add-on special usage.

If the T-Orange monster ends up with Orange style tariffs I can see it becoming the 3rd largest UK carrier in 18 months.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like