back to article SpinVox consumer service croaks

Readers have let us know that SpinVox's UK consumer service will soon be croaking its last voicemail. The company translates voice messages to text. Last Thursday UK customers received the following text messages: Dear customer, we regret to inform you that SpinVox is no longer supporting individual user accounts.  Your …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jerome 0
    Thumb Up

The actual message

Dear customer, we're egret twin form u that's pin vox is no longer supporting in residual you sir accounts. You're a count will expire in 7 days. Police call your mobile net work provider, should u wish to re in able stand hard voicemail service. We are Paul O'Gise for Rennie in convenience.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

De act you shall mess age...

Dear custom her, we regret to in form you that SpinVox is no long her support in.

In divi dual use her a cow in nots??.

You her account will sex pyre in say "van days".

Please call your mow by ill not working.

Provide her should you wash to re-enable.

Stan Hard voice male sir vice.

We app poltergiest?? fur any in convenience.

2. OffBeatMammal

shame really.

I liked SpinVox and found a lot of their implementation better than Google Voice.

Sure, they may have been cheating a little on transcriptions and having humans do it but for formatting and delivery of text notifications of voicemails was far superiour to the Mountain View efforts.

Oh well. Google continues to grow at the expense of quality... but at least it's free (as long as you don't mind them knowing even more about you)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Not all UK customers...

I didn't receive that message, or anything at all. Bugger, and RIP.

I've found them very effective indeed - on the few occasions there's been problems transcribing the vmail, I've found I can't make out what they've said either...

4. El Limerino
    Unhappy

Bugger

I really liked their service -- always worked well. I didn't care how they did it, only that it worked well and reliably. Didn't get the message, tho.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like