back to article ITV HD World Cup matches to be shown on Sky, Virgin

Virgin Media and Sky viewers will get to watch ITV's HD channel on 2 April. That's good news for footie fans who subscribe to either service. They will now be able to see all of this summer's World Cup games in HD. All but eight early-stage World Cup matches will be shown on BBC HD and ITV1 HD. VM and Sky subscribers can …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. firefly
    Flame

Great but..

..can they keep Wayne Rooney's face in lo-def.. please?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nothing New...

ITV1 HD has been available on SKY for months... Just need to add it as an additional channel.

We couldn't have been watching Champions League football all blurry now could we....

3. SuperTim

not entirely accurate!

"All but eight early-stage World Cup matches will be shown on BBC HD and ITV1 HD. VM and Sky subscribers can currently only view the BBC's HD offering."

I have sky HD and have been able to view ITV HD for yonks. The hi-def feed is available as an additional channel if you know how to add it. (realising how little content there is makes me glad i never entertained the idea of Freesat).

Still, it would be nice to have it as a proper channel so that it can be recorded.

4. Turve

Sky HD

Sky HD viewers have been able to tune into ITV HD for ages - through Other Channels. A quick Google should show you how

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

HD WC

You are kidding right?

Unless the camera crews carry their own power generators, there'll quite probably be no coverage.

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

You just need to know where to look !

"Sky subscribers can currently only view the BBC's HD offering."

This isn't actually true. Sky subscribers can currently pick up ITV HD. For nowt !

7. Dave F.
    Thumb Up

ITV1 HD already available on Sky

just need to add an extra channel to the epg....

http://www.tellytoad.com/post/add-itv-hd-to-sky-hd.aspx

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/thumb_up_32.png

8. exexpat
    Coat

ITV HD=most other channels SD?!

ITV seems to be particulalrly bad SD... so now this means there upto most other channels SD in terms of quality?! :)

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ITV HD on Sky already possible

You can already get ITV HD on Sky if you add it manually, but it is far from seamless. This is good news, though whether there is any quality television on there is another matter ...

10. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Actually

You can already watch ITV HD on sky, you simply add the chanel manually, it's not on the EPG but you simply select it from the other channels menu once you've added it. Not that is mutch of a channel mind you, champions league is all I ever watch it for

11. Craig 33
    Happy

Already available

In case anyone wants this now, it is already available, and has been for a while.

Instructions on manually adding the channel to Sky: http://www.tellytoad.com/page/itv-hd-on-sky-hd.aspx

12. RichyS

Already watching ITV HD

Sky viewers can already watch ITV HD by adding in a custom channel that picks up the Freesat ITV 'red button' feed. Okay, so it's a little bit of a hassle, and you don't get the nice planner view; but then it's not like ITV have much worth watching anyway.

If you can't wait until April 2nd, just Google it.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

pay tv freebee

so sky and virgin get itv hd for nothing. what do we non pay tv punters get in return then?

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ITV SD

Watched one of the last set of FA cup matches on ITV SD on freeview and quality was attrocious ... may be its because I've just moved from 26" to 32" that it was more obvious but I think it was one of the few times that artefacting etc has been so obvious .... are they canibalising SD bandwidth in readiness for HD ... or perhaps making SD so bad that people will all rave about how much better HD is

15. Wize

Shhhh

Don't tell them we get it for free, now that they are planning on charging for it.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

fw: Watching Already ?

Somebody give the record player a bump, I think the needles stuck

needles stuck

needles stuck

needles stuck

needles stuck

needles stuck

needles stuck

17. NoOnions
    Grenade

Yes, yes, yes...

To almost everyone who posted above me. I suspect that most who read this site are aware that you can manually view ITV HD on Sky HD. However, it's a crappy, pain in the arse way to do it. This is good news. We'll have a proper planner and one touch recording! I have enough trouble reminding my wife to record Sky One in HD rather than SD ("We are paying for HD babe!") There is no way she wants to have to find out from another source what is on ITV HD and then manually tune to it and neither do I.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

this is what happens when you queue posts

However. You can get ITVHD on Sky.

Just in case anyone missed it,

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: this is what happens when you queue posts

Wait - are you telling me you can get ITVHD on Sky? Where on earth did you come by that information?

I invite you one more time to imagine what a state these threads would be in if we didn't moderate, which involves a bit of queueing. I try not to think about it, myself.

As to this thread, well, I thought I'd better make sure the information really hit home. Although I'm still not quite sure where you can get ITVHD myself. Can anyone help?

19. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like