back to article Vodafone hands out free books

Vodafone customers can get free books today, assuming they've got the right kind of handset and can find the download page. The five titles include The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, This Bleeding City and Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, but you'll have to have a recent Sony Ericsson, Nokia or '360 handset (or a Blackberry …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jake Silver badge

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland?

That's been available to anyone with a clue at the local lending library for over a century ... and available to anyone with a computer for decades. See:

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/11

2. Anonymous Coward
    Headmaster

Project Gutenberg

I think that someone got there first, and with a few more than 5 titles.

As the main page says "Project Gutenberg is the place where you can download over 30,000 free ebooks to read on your PC, iPhone, Kindle, Sony Reader or other portable device"

3. Olafthemighty
    WTF?

I might have to try this

Just to find out how crap an e-book looks on my Satio's screen!

4. David Ward 1

503 Error

There may be a good reason to hide the page away where no-one can find it as there is currently not the capacity on the server to service those who actually find the link! getting 503 errors for the last half hour now :-(.

5. Coward for a reason!

android users

can have free ebooks anyway, good free app on the market is Aldiko....as for the a to z on live, doesnt exist for me!!

6. Ned Fowden

yeah right

all i get is error 503

as for e-books, i've been using Mobi-Reader on my N97 for a while now and i'm very happy with it as my main (=only) e-book reader :)

7. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Rubbish service as usual!

Yep couldn't access the page got a 503 error like everyone else. When I tried over wi-fi on my N95 I kept getting redirected to the Vodafone Corporate page, how crap is that! Until Vodafone get their woeful online precence sorted out they can never hope to be a serious player in this market.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like