back to article Jan Baan slices through the 'bullsh*t'

Database legend Jan Baan is a man on a mission to kill old software business models and shake up IT departments everywhere. But how is the self-proclaimed "passionate, crazy old guy" going to do that? Baan reckons the answer is through simplifying business process management (BPM) software, not by building it to last but …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andrew Moore

May I be the first to say...

Jan Baan thank you maan.

2. amanfromMars Silver badge

<Ping>

Jan the Man ..... AIMan.

Wanna Quick Learn of the Perfumed Garden of Virtual dDelights, Jan? Magical Mystery Turing Arranging Space [Platforms].

Heavy MetAIData. A Plum Philips Apple, Jan, dDutch to ITs Core?

An Alien Source? :-)

QuITe a Byte of SurReality, there. Best Give IT time to Circulate for MXXXX Effect. An Important Factor.

3. Tawakalna

well..

..I really like old Baan (the software, not the man - I've never met him so I can't pass comment!) and I much preferred it to that SAP stuff, which I've never felt comfortable using. Bring back Baan!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@amanfromMars

Did you forget to take your pills at lunch? Your posts were much more coherent earlier in the day. Hrmmm, I'm talking to a Markov Chain machine... did I forget to take my pills at lunch?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Um

As someone with some passing involvement with Baan...was this piece the result of Jan-funded lunchtime drink experiments? (not that the old guy drinks, of course). Baan Schmaan. A lot of people lost a lot of money; a lot of people lost their jobs; it was acquired by Invensys as a last resort, not sold to SAP (as far as I remember); it was never on a par with the German behemoth anyway; and there was much ado about accounting irregularities in the run-up.

The Baan brothers, of course, emerged tainted but by and large still the rich feckers they've always been. Keen Calvinistic churchgoers, sure, but rich feckers nonetheless. The company mantra used to be "act now, ask for forgiveness later". I guess JC's done the business for him on that front, but me... nah ;)

Ah well eh.

6. Alan Donaly

@Anonymous vulture

I had a rotten day thanks for the laugh now I just have to figure out how to stop (pills- lunch- markov chain) great just great.

7. Hayden Clark Silver badge

Cordys?

Surely, "BaanDonge" would be a much more.... memorable... name.

:-)

</coat>

This topic is closed for new posts.