back to article Swedish pothead reports LSD-laced hash

A Swedish pothead whose girlfriend turned into a dophin after he toked on a particularly explosive spliff asked cops to test his hash for traces of LSD, The Local reports. The concerned 26-year-old from Eslöv, northeast of Malmö, considered the matter so serious that he ignored the fact that marijuana is illegal in Sweden and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Headmaster

Wow, just wow

That is some serious spliff!!!

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

And who says....

...that smoking dope doesn't affect your mental health.....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

There are actually lots of people who smoke dope...

...who were not all there to begin with. Like there are plenty of thugs who get drunk but were beating up other kids in the playground and abusing minorities years before they became pissheads. Or put it another way, like any recreational intoxicant its adherrants are a microcosm of society.

2. I. Aproveofitspendingonspecificprojects 1
      Paris Hilton

Minds no body

Why do you think it is called, dope?

3. Matt 14
    Happy

Can't be the only one who thinks....

Hey amanfrommars, get your supply tested man.

4. jimbarter

not LSD

More likely to be Salvia (or similar) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum, LSD is destroyed by heat.

1. Hugh G. Rection
      Happy

Agreed

Yes LSD is destroyed by the kind of heat found in a lighted joint; it also takes around 30 minutes to cross the blood-brain barrier IIRC. Whilst there may be some potent forms of weed out there, good quality LSD is a different kettle of fish entirely.

2. Citizen Kaned

i agree

most likely some heafty salvia mix. or one of the really strong strains of weed. something like a silver haze etc. (it takes 3 times longer to flower that usual plants for a reason!)

or maybe he was just a lightweight lol

3. Anonymous Coward
      IT Angle

I read a Wikipedia article so I must be your Omniscient Lord

To all the KNOW-IT-ALLS who say because LSD is degraded by heat it cannot be smoked:

Think a bit more.

NICOTINE is degraded by heat at a similar temperature. People get a hit from a cigarette, which is burning.

Like Nicotine, LSD is also active in EXTREMELY small doses.

Not all the drug content magically raises to this temperature in 0.0000000000000001 seconds at the flame-front of a joint.

IT IS POSSIBLE.

Back in my younger days I DID THE EXPERIMENT AND IT DOES WORK (ie having weed without and with the addition of LSD, same weed, different effect).

That said, the effect was much reduced, and going by Occam's Razor the likeliest reasons for this event were:

A) unusually strong/different spectra of cannabinoids hash

B) the guy in question was having a flip-out moment because his mind was broken.

I'm plugging for B) because he's obviously a total idiot to take the matter to the cops without being prepared to Out his Source.

That's my tuppence.

PS: Drugs are bad... MMKay?

PPS: OMFGWTFUUUUUU has this to do with IT again? Fun story, but.... WTF?

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@jimbarter

It's not likely to be salvia either as that tends to produce hallucinations based around geometric shapes or the loss/gaining of new dimensions, certainly not anything coherent like the TV talking to him or his girlfriend turning into an aquatic mammal. My guess would be ketamine as it could easily be used to cover the weed without it being too obvious. Why you would do it though is beyond me and I think he should be grassing his dealer up if this is the case, substances that lower your heart rate can be extremely lethal when mixed with horse tranquilisers.

AC - Obvious reasons.

5. Kuji
    FAIL

not possible

LSD is sensitive to heat... the flame would destroy the component..you just cannot smoke lsd.

However, Smoking THC can be extremely psychedelic, depending on the strain it has come from....

6. Sebastian Brosig
    Pint

he's getting on a bit

he simply can't take it any more like he used to. Happens to lots of people... most of us just quit smoking dope or cut the dose.

beer icon because... same happened with booze too, in my experience. Makes getting pissed cheap!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

all together now...

...can't have been LSD, because smoking LSD has no effect, the active chemicals are destroyed by heat (they're sensitive enough to be destroyed by the oils on your skin, don't stand a chance in a joint, particularly if it's hash)

more likely it was PCP or ket or something along those lines (although wouldn't think that was that likely in hash either), matey obviously doesn't know what he's talking about

8. Blake St. Claire

Flipper?

I didn't realize Swedes -- or Brits -- knew that much about 60's American TV shows.

1. oddie
      WTF?

And M*A*S*H, and Cheers.. and Happy Days...

Actually you would be surprised at the amount of 'high quality' american television that we scandinavians imported en-masse in the 80's and 90's... I still have recurring nightmares of 'step by step' and 'the bold and the beautiful'.

Didn't help that Sasha Mitchell then suddenly showed up in Kickboxer 2... that was a bit of an odd choice :/

To the brits among us; if you don't have any idea what I'm on about just count yourself lucky and move on. nothing to see here.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cannabis can cause hallucinations...

... although it doesn't happen very often.

It depends a bit on the particular type of cannabis - the active component is not a single substance but a class of similar substances (known as cannabinols) each with different psychoactive properties - and whether one smokes it or eats it - cannabinols are transformed by heat.

Cross-sensory hallucinations - e.g. you "see" sounds - have been experienced on occasion by yours truly.

On the other hand, the guy himself may have been borderline psychotic, and his use of cannabis may have triggered a psychotic episode.

AC because in the current political climate a bit of paranoia is merely prudent.

1. mky
      Pint

Isn't cannabis

considered or classified as a hallucinogen?

I'll have mine with a pint!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

She's lucky

Very lucky indeed that she did not morph into a bag of Doritos...she would not have survived for long.

1. Lionel Baden
      Coffee/keyboard

Oh dear

I now has the giggles !!!

new keyboard please ...

11. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

And he didn't get charged any extra?

Paris - because with her, what you see is what you get.

1. Rattus Rattus
      Thumb Up

Re: And he didn't get charged any extra?

I would've been straight on the phone to my dealer: "Hey, y'know that last bag you sold me? Yeah, got any more? Cool, I'll be right there to pick up a couple ounces."

12. Rob

Ouch

That would seriously ruin a nice chilled night in front of a film, especially if you picked the wrong film.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Idiot

Bah, this guy is an idiot, LSD breaks down in light, heat and oxygen at levels that you would normally find in your home (ambient room temperature, etc). So smoking it in a spliff is going to kill it before it even reaches your body.

Hence the whole keeping it in glass/airtight container in your freezer thing.

14. mafoo

The purple haze myth...

LSD, a complex biological compound, that denatures (gets cooked) and stops working if its temperature is raised over 45˚C, if I remember correctly.

So the idea that you could get high by smoking it.... man are you on acid or something?

1. Elmer Phud
      Linux

maybe . . .

. . . he rolls using banana skins?

LSD laced weed? -- if it worked it would have been a lot more expensive than his usual baggie.

Bloody youngsters, they need to get out (of it) a bit more.

Penquin 'cos it looks stoned and about to hit the Hob Nobs

15. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Sweet dreams

He managed to get to a Police Station? I have trouble getting to Burger King and that just across the road....

Wish I knew his dealer.......

16. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Not LSD...

LSD degrades at relativly low temperatures. Whatever it is, it's not LSD.

Friends of mine who still blaze have recently reported a particular kind of weed, the effects of which can only described as "terrifyingly psychedelic", I had suspected it to be the result of a lesser known synthetic cannabinoid and poor dosing...

1. Disco-Legend-Zeke
      Pint

Sounds More Like...

...PCP.

This points out the dangers of illegal feelgood stuff.

When Booze was illegal, it was not uncommon to find various contaminants in your bootleg. Much of the worlds cannabis supplyv is pretty umpure, even in the newly legalized pot states, one might find buds with rockwool or fertilizer salts in addition to the desired components.

I'll stick to beer, thanks, though 211 tastes like it was brewed in an old car radiator.

17. bluesxman
    Badgers

DMT

...sounds more likely to me.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Expensive

Especially to be lacing weed with it.

Very much body weight sensitive as well, so even more reason not to be lacing weed with it as it might be completely ineffective.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He is lucky...

My wife turned into a whale many years ago and stayed that way.

AC for a reason as she has a mean flipper

19. Hugh Jorgen
    FAIL

I'd be too embarassed.......

....to go to the rozzers and complain about my stash!!

"Yes sir, how can be help you?"

"um, dood, I want this dope testing, it like totally made we throw a whitey..and I can chong big time...but I took a toke of this and the killer fog started freaking me out.....there's something wrong with this gear....... and" **SLAP**SLAP**SLAP**

"now leave before I arrest you for being stupid enough to bring that baggie in here and admitting you're such a lightweight....."

20. mark 63 Silver badge
    Coat

how many reg readers does it take to say ...

.. the same shit.

I realise there may be a delay for moderating, but its not that long

1. Citizen Kaned

not really...

they can take hours some days to update!

21. Juan Inamillion
    Coat

@He is lucky.

New keyboard after that! Whale done!

Errr...

22. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

More collateral damage from the "War on Drugs"

User of recreational intoxicants can never be sure of the identity, potency, or purity of the stuff they enjoy.

It's really time to get governments out of the business of enforcing 2¢ morality, and start treating recreational intoxicants _of_all_types_ (no exceptions) on a par with alcohol: something you buy at the corner store (or at least at the government intoxicant store) and which is labeled as to its strength.

Throwing a party? Why can't you toddle down to "the store" and pick up a dozen one-use syringes preloaded with a stated quantity of heroin for those of your guests who enjoy it? "I'll have a dozen of the 10 microgram ones, please."

I'd go so far as to give bona fide addicts their fix without charge. Think of the consequences: no sad whores peddling their asses to pay for their next fix; no petty thefts and break-ins by addicts; the cash flow to organized crime from drugs would be cut off; and the peasants of Afghanistan and the Andes could grow their valuable crops without fear of being fucked over by the Forces of Good.

O Holy Moderatrix, I have tried to figure out an IT angle and I have failed. Forgive me my sin!

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: More collateral damage from the "War on Drugs"

I don't give a rat's ass about IT angles, only about people carping about their absence. But er, I forgive you, if that's what you want.

1. Hedley Phillips

"carping about their absence"

More fish related jokes!

1. Disco-Legend-Zeke

Don't Be...

...koi.

2. Hud Dunlap
      Pirate

war on opium

actually the war on drugs started as the war on Chinese opium. Until the U.S. signed a treaty to try and stop the opium trade all U.S. drug laws were continually overturned by the courts. The courts have since ruled that treaties have the force of the Constitution.

Cable T.V. is good for some things.

1. Allan George Dyer
        Pirate

Opium Wars

Chinese Opium? The Opium Wars were fought for the right to import opium TO China.

Don't worry, I hear they are trying to develop a less potent and less addictive form called heroin...

Which century is this?

3. Anonymous Coward
      Grenade

"War on Drugs"

The only reason there is still a 'War on Drugs' is that a huge number of jobs depends on it. If we took the totally sensible step of making illegal drugs legal, and because they can then be quality controlled and taxed properly, you'd take away a lot of reasons why the world can be such a shithole for so many people.

Look what keeping drugs illegal has done for Columbia and Mexico. The 'War on Drugs' has turned them into war zones, effectively civil war zones with all that entails in conflicts between neighbours, friends and families.

Keeping drugs illegal has allowed the parasites to keep users controlled by fear of the law, and most crime is drug-related nowadays. Take away the illegality and you remove the stream of income to the people who want the system to continue - the criminals and the people who need criminals to exist in order to justify their own jobs.

Having the quality control means fewer people will suffer from bad reactions to drugs cut with inappropriate substances, and I believe, though I could be wrong, that using high quality drugs of known strength can make it easier to not get addicted, or easier to get off if you do. Would you rather buy your heart pills from a chemist or a street trader?

Tax it properly and fairly and you'll have more than enough money to run the system and deal with the inevitable few who can't handle it, rather than overload the NHS with drink and drug related illnesses. This is just about the only reason I would like some sort of identity card or drugs license. Present it at your local chemist to obtain your drugs (including tobacco), and the health authorities would have some idea at least of how much is being used in the local area, and take appropriate measures.

It's a big and touchy subject, and few politicians have the balls to recommend it, but I can't see any way out of the current impasse which is only tolerated because it's mainly brown, black or yellow people getting killed in large numbers in countries far, far away.

23. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

After reading all these replies...

...I've come to the conclusion that most of the people on here must be weed-smoking junkies. Almost everyone above seems to know much more about cannabis, LSD, and other drugs (and effects) than the non drug taking public would ever know.

1. Elmer Phud
      Flame

Non-drug taking public?

That would be those in the pubs then?

And try and read up on why that man was sacked - he had put cannabis as being less addictive than booze and that won't do as HM. Gov needd all those alcohol addicts.

You'd have thought that in these days of the internet folks would have stopped peddling the same crap about drugs and managed to remember that there are legal drugs that are far more addictive and harmful than weed.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Pint

Random Sample ?

What is interesting is that people who break the law for recreation are not uncommon. Off-course betting used to be illegal but widely practised. Speeding is illegal but widely practised. So far, most politicians have chosen to rank recreational drug use as a danger to the public that should be policed and suppressed. They took the opposite view about gambling, maybe because they could tax it.

The sooner that 'coffee shops' start up in high streets around the world the better.

Disclaimer - beer excepted, never have, never wanted to.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Terminator

TV talking

Dunno, I thought the TV was supposed to talk to you. Otherwise it is a pretty expensive frame for moving pictures.

25. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

The actual effect is more sinister than a mere dolphin apparation

If I smoked something that made me go to the police and tell them that I've been a pothead for ten years, I'd count mild hallucinations among the less disturbing side effects. So you're right, that isn't LSD. It is a field test of the first genuinely working truth serum in the world, staged by [insert your favourite world-domination-aspiring organisation here].

26. zbeast

What the guy got may not have been hash.

You would never mix something with hash, thats just stupid.

Hash is a premium marijuana product. The only reason you would

add something to it would be 1) it's not hash, 2) You made crap hash and

now your trying to fix your error, rather than throw the crap out.

As other's have said, no it can't be LSD because you can' t smoke LSD.

It would have been destroyed by the heat of smoking.

If I was to guess, it could have been ketamine or PCP...

but PCP is a rare drug these days. I don't think it would have been Salvia

as it has a bad taste and the heat required to smoke the active compounds is

higher then the heat level you enjoy pot at.

Oh ya, never talk to the cop's about a drug deal gone bad..

zbeast, lover of great drugs from all over the world.

27. Stratman
    Thumb Down

title

AC at 16:16

"I'd go so far as to give bona fide addicts their fix without charge"

NO NO and NO again.

I have more than enough of my hard earned pay taken off me already without some weak-willed useless smackhead legally dipping into my wallet to prolong his or her pointless existence. I have no sympathy whatsoever, they're all volounteers. They could try growing a spine and just stop taking the stuff.

What is the point of drug addicts?

What use are they?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Big Brother

What is the point of drug addicts?

They are really useful for burgling the houses of selfish bigots, thus raising crime, so that selfish bigots can mount a moral crusade and demand more repression.

Get over yourself, you dummy. All that crime costs a hell of a lot more than what was being suggested. Try thinking instead of knee-jerking...

28. Martin Usher
    Pint

WTF?

DMT?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

is

Dimethyltryptamine

29. Skydreamer
    Headmaster

Dophin?

Try "dolphin" (first paragraph). No, don't thank me.

30. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Money back

If I were him I'd ask the dealer for a reeferund.

31. Martin Maloney
    Coat

Without lawful porpoise

Had the hash been any stronger, he'd have had a whale of a good time!

Martin

32. Rex Alfie Lee
    Joke

Where can I get some?

Damn, that sounds really good. Perhaps the lesson we need to get here is how to weed out the cannabis to just get at the good bit.

33. pctechxp
    IT Angle

Very funny

What a moron this guy must be.

But where IS the IT angle?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like