back to article Intel hit by 'sophisticated' hack last month

Intel says it was hit by a "sophisticated incident" in January in which hackers attempted to breach its digital defenses, making it the latest US company to admit it is being targeted by online miscreants. The world's biggest chipmaker made the acknowledgment in a recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission under …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Disco-Legend-Zeke
    Pint

Maybe Time To...

...start thinking about a back net. Not a VPN pipe through the Internet, but alternate information channels.

Plain Old Tephone Service, over the air TV, Some envelopes and stamps. If you are a giant corporation, some private channels.

Expect every terrorist show to be accompanied by packet crippling nasties.

I'll survive it as long as the 211 truck makes it to my market.

2. Neal 5

let me guess

Unpatched XP running IE6. AGAIN

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

There has to be ...

... a more formal venue for these type of concerns.

Reporting it to a national SEC is fine, reporting it to the press seems equally fine.

But progressing formality of concerns needs a wider scope and how best is that achieved?

These sort of things remind me of the old 007 type movies in which some third party attempts havoc by playing upon the interests of other parties much to their mutual fears.

Was the attack made more widespread?

To China, Russia, Oz, UK, Canada, ... or did it target one nation in particular?

And how to provide a conduit of national concern that does not compromise national interests?

4. Nate Amsden

they block unsophisticated attacks too

Such as trying to hit their site with wget

http://www.techopsguys.com/2009/09/02/intel-doesnt-like-wget/

5. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

They seem not to have been penetrated?

I hope no one thinks that's funny.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like