back to article Reg Developer goes West

Register Developer is changing. We've moved our base of operations from the UK to Silicon Valley, where under a new editor - the Register's former software editor, Gavin Clarke - we will build on the work of Martin and David, who successfully established Register Developer. Register Developer will now combine its proximity to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Specy?

FFS, can't you even spell "speccy" properly?

2. James Condron

Marvellous

Another fine British institution outsourcing to the third world

3. Ralphe Neill

Moving to the dark side

And what, one wonders, will happen to all the UK happenings (things do happen in the UK, don't they)? Let us hope everything does not become Americanised (apart from content)! Sigh ...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Skeptical?

Can't even spell sceptical properly either - still I guess if you sell out and move out to America then their weird spelling of English words is bound to happen

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

sinclair spectrum

""Speccy""

z80 powered "computer" known mostly for it's games and rubber keys no longer relevant except that it's been running ebuyer.com server according to Netcraft.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Skeptical about the beer

Remember to be really skeptical it is necessary to consume British ,or better Welsh, beer beforehand.

7. Tim Parker

Feeling valued...

"Register Developer will now combine its proximity to the people and events that matter in app dev"

..that makes me feel so appreciated, sat here in the UK - thanks

8. John

layout fix?

Will the new editors fix the layout? I'm not a big fan of everything in half the window on the left. The main Register layout is much better. Just one other request: please don't be as bad at spelling/grammar/missing words as Reg Hardware. It's sometimes worse than one of my local papers (Ballymena Guardian if you want some naming and shaming)

9. Graham

SF in India shock

"Register Developer will now combine its proximity to the people and events that matter in app dev"

So will that be Banglore, Pune or Mumbai then? Certainly isn't california any more.

Now that you've alienated all your UK readership and portrayed yourself as somewhat blinkered (arrogant tosspot was my first thought but I'm prepared to allow you more rope to hang yourself properly) how long's it going to be before Martin and David feel sidelined and go off and set up something else?

::sigh::

10. Jeremy

While we're on the subject of site changes...

...can we *please* have a link back to El Reg somewhere reasonable? It's a PITA swapping between them at the mo...

(And no, I don't like the back button)

11. krek

Just don't forget...

Don't drink the Kool-Aid

This topic is closed for new posts.