back to article Crims jailed for hiding 'e-detonators' in robot camel jockey

A man and a boy have been found guilty by courts in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi of concealing "electric detonators" in robotic camel jockeys, according to reports. The crooks' plan was to get racing dromedaries to run faster, in defiance of good sportsmanship and local laws. The Khaleej Times reports on the case today, noting …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. gizmo23
    Pint

Beer for Lewis

"dastardly droid detonator dromedary-driver delinquents"

Beer for that man!

1. Joe H.
      Pint

@Beer for Lewis

Indeed, and you beat me to complimenting him for that phrasing. Yet another fine reason provided to love El Reg.

"dastardly droid detonator dromedary-driver delinquents"

classic

2. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

They're also being sued in the civil courts...

... in a joint action by Wile E. Coyote and the Acme Corporation, for copying their ideas!

3. jake Silver badge

Probably a mistranslation.

The "electronic detonators" are probably noise makers of some description.

1. Mephistro
      Grenade

They could have saved much trouble...

... just using some mobile phones instead of these 'detonators'. Most of the ringtones you hear nowadays are scary as hell. As a side benefit, in case of being discovered, they could just say "Oh, my phone! Thanks, officer, I've been looking for it all day!". It's a win-win.

2. Neoc

Re: Mistranslation

My bet would be some sort of cattle-prod (dromadery-prod?) meant to spur the animal into giving more speed.

4. Spanners Silver badge
    Joke

What did they do with the camel?

I understand that they are eaten in those parts.

5. iworm
    Grenade

Or maybe...

I have this unshiftable image in my mind that in fact maybe they had planted these "detonators" on their opponents' camels. If one of them is ahead as it closes in on the win, <bang>, it disappears in a cloud of camel parts.

"It got hit by a meteorite, guv. Happens all the time."

6. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Won't somebody think of the camels!

Oh. They did.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like