back to article Regulators approve Microhoo! search deal

Microsoft and Yahoo! today announced their web search deal has cleared both EU and US competition hurdles, despite complaints from Google. The pair said they will now get to work implementing the 10-year deal, which was announced last July and will see Redmond's Bing power searches across the Yahoo! web empire. Today's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

End of an era

Goodbye Yahoo¡

2. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

well

"Google, which owns about 70 per cent of the search advertising market, has publicly claimed that the tie-up will harm competition"

Yes. Theirs.

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Oh well,

If i know anyone who uses Yahoo search I will encourage them to go with Google now. Bing is rubbish!

Since the Hotmail login fiasco I have been advising people they should leave Hotmail. Several people have already had their accounts hacked this year and this login fiasco takes the biscuit!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Great...

So instead of breaking up Google, we allow MS & Yahoo to merge. I love this place.

5. raving angry loony

same strategy?

I see Microsoft starting to use their continuing desktop monopoly to push their search business. Watch them build the searching into the OS and make it "difficult" to remove, such that you have to use their search rather than a competitors.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like