back to article Official: James Blunt is a w*nker

The Great British public have spoken. After allowing warbling military aristocrat James Blunt to inflict his peculiar brand of vanilla-acoustic mewl on a broken nation for two years, they have risen up to declare he's a w*nker. The verdict has been delivered via CD warehousing operation Amazon.co.uk, as witnessed in the image …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

w*nker

And if you put in wanker it brings up James Blunt. Even better.

2. Lewa

Roffle.

This has improved my Monday afternoon by a hundred times. Thankyou.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Kaneda!

And, reciprocally, if you search for "Akira" you get a suggestion for James Blunt, as well as "Ghost in the Shell" and "Manga". I am not familiar with the works of James Blunt, and I am puzzled as to the connection. Is it simply because both James Blunt and Akira are very, very popular? Surely Akira is a bit behind-the-times nowadays, a bit Generation X, mid-90s, goatee beards etc, whereas James Blunt is part of the modern wave of pop music that young people listen to?

4. Andrew Moore

And...

...if you click on 'wanker' the related search returns: james blunt, tedious.

5. Jus

I have always used rhyming slang.

What could possibly rhyme with James Blunt?

any ideas? anyone?

6. Dan

amazon speaketh the truth

You can also search for 'tedious' and 'tedious wanker' which will both bring Mr. Blunt's music to the top of the search results!

7. David Brazendale

Hit the related search

If you click the related search term "w..."

it then displays related search terms james_blunt, tedious

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And indeed tedious

Which, if you do what the first commenter suggested also comes up as a releated search! I get the feeling someone at Amazon is not a James Blunt!

9. Adam Auden

tedious

If you click through to the 'wanker' search it also suggests 'tedious' might be related. Perhaps often used in conjunction? :)

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tedious

And if you click on w*nker, you get

Related Searches: james blunt, tedious.

Joy!

11. Richard

The world has only just caught up

I've been telling everyone he's a w#nker for ages now. I even started my own tribute band - James C#nt

12. Graham Hawkins

Young People...

Ashley Pomeroy wrote: "whereas James Blunt is part of the modern wave of pop music that young people listen to"

I have 3 young people in my family (16, 19 & 22), and they all think Mr Blunt is as described on amazon.co.uk too. As do I (50).... None of us would be caught dead listning to him!

13. Alex Redfern

Amazon also offer

The Wanker Family Christmas Game

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wanker-Family-Christmas-Game-entertaining/dp/B000SV6QKO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/202-7234627-9959011

14. Ash

A bit of a James Blunt?

Actually, the rhyming slang for that obscene word which rhymes with Blunt is "Burkeley Hunt".

Further, this is where the insult "Burke" comes from. An abbreviation of the cockney slang for a James Blunt!

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More fun with Amazon

i thought that "james blunt" was already officially rhyming slang.

it's not the first time we've seen funny things on amazon!

check out the reviews for jordan's and peter andre's album too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/customer-reviews/B000JU8FXK/sr=1-1/qid=1191251408/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/202-0940843-3807050?ie=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=229816&qid=1191251408&sr=1-1

(the comments for harry potter's vibrating broom were well worth reading too...)

16. Colin Morris

RE: More fun with Amazon

Those comment are genius :)

looks like the Amazon reviews have been well and truly hijacked!......unless of course the Katie & Peter album really is 'that good' of course....

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

More Amazon comedy gold

Check out the review for The Very Best of David Hasselhof - genius!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Very-Best-David-Hasselhoff/dp/B00005Q8UG/ref=pd_bbs_1/026-7113183-2149266?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1191254919&sr=8-1

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Po-faced, killjoy twat

Since when did the Register worry itself over the use of coarse language? The word is wanker, so write it as such. Bah!

Also, for Ash, the spelling is "Berk", from Berkeley Hunt (notwithstanding the fact that Berkeley is pronounced "Barclay").

At least the sentiment of the story is correct. That's something, I suppose.

19. Robert Laverick

Rob

Not the first person to dislike him, and probably not the last, Mich Benn has some good ideas on how to proceed which I think I first heard on Radio 1....

Tho the best version I can find is this rather poor quality YouTube effort

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etYvtT7q5XA

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ooh, missus

"i thought that "james blunt" was already officially rhyming slang."

"James Blunt" is too obvious to be rhyming slang. It's virtually the same as the actual word itself, you know the one. Even Viz magazine would reject it. If James Blunt didn't exist, no professional comedian in the world would invent James Blunt as a comedy name. If James Blunt did not exist, Kenneth Williams would never have described Sid James as a right old James Blunt, he would have chosen something more flowery. The fact that James Blunt turned out the way he has is proof of the old theory that a person's name determines his or her lot in life, Or perhaps he chose the name in order to "earth" possible future criticism.

21. Adam T

When I type it ..

i get

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cunt-Stewart-Home/dp/1899344454/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/203-6246743-3302326?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1191274627&sr=8-2

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meanwhile, back in reality..

My life is brilliant.

My love is pure.

I saw an angel.

Of that I'm sure.

She smiled at me on the subway.

She was with another man.

He punched my teeth out

For looking at his bird.

23. Markie Dussard

Berkeley?

Berkshire Hunt, you berk!

24. Jake Fraser

He's more than just a w**ker apparently

Have a search now! He's now a tedious wanker.

Amazon are striving for the perfect definition it seems...

25. Greg

James Blunt's a c*nt...

The unevenly applied freedom of speech laws here in Australia allowed the country's government funded radio station, Triple J, to air during their breakfast show, a feature bluntly called, "James Blunt's a C*nt".

A big thank you to Triple J - actually while trying and failing to find something to back this claim up, I did manage to find an interesting blog: -

http://haribokart.7.forumer.com/a/100-facts-about-james-blunt_post1601.html

This topic is closed for new posts.