back to article LG to bring over-the-air phone sync to all

LG has claimed it is the first phone maker to bring over-the-air synchronisation out of the smartphone handset category and into the mid-range market. It showed off the technology, dubbed LG Air Sync, using the skinny LG Mini phone it launched last week as the world's "smallest and thinnest" touchphone. LG Air Sync LG's Air …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Finally

Of course, you can achieve the same thing (more or less) with MobileMe, but for some unfathomable reason Apple insists on charging for it.

This is a good development. As a Dropbox user I can't wax more enthusiastically about it. I have Dropbox on my iPhone, and that's great 'n all, but to be able to sync all your info to as many machines as you'd like is just brilliant.

1. Alastair Dodd 1

Old

and on windows mobile (6 or higher) you can do the same as this and MobileMe but unlike apple MS arn't charging for it.

Oh and Windows Phone 7 has this too.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

True, true, but ...

I love syncing but the problem I perennially run in to is associated with other people.

From way back when with a lovely Adobe Labs app that allowed and catered for multiple user input to even Dropbox. The problem: other people don't want to have another username and password with a special folder wherever it is located because they have had some virus or so in the past and don't want to touch anything that is complicated or not easy to understand.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like