back to article Vodafone chief gripes at Google dominance in online ad market

Vodafone boss Vittorio Colao today bitched to his peers about Google's growing power in the online ad and search market, claiming such dominance could stymie the flow of cash through the mobile telecoms system. Colao, who was speaking at the Mobile World Congress trade show in Barcelona, told mobile phone execs that the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. pctechxp

Stick to what you know

Cellular phone company chief wades into net neutrality debate debate.

Perhaos he should look at sorting out data capacity issues on his networks before taking on the issue of the Internet,

2. moylan
    Alien

vodafone?

i had a prepay vodafone sim here in ireland and used it happily for a few years until recently. they changed the data plan without notice to alter all downloaded pages to having a vodafone banner and links at the top of every page downloaded. barring google ones, i suspect because they were too complex to easily alter.

rang to ask how to turn that crap off and it was told it was impossible so binned the sim that day.

maybe they could learn from google and make their ads unobtrusive. not wasting my 50mb data allowance with crappy links i will never use.

3. Jason Croghan
    Thumb Down

Oh yeah?

"new biz models to deal more effectively with the demand for data services and phone apps"

I think he meant find slimier ways of overcharging the customers. Remember text messaging was free until they realised people would pay for it...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

hahahaha...

Vf where all your content belong to them !

and they are griping cos a lot of your downloaded content belong to someone even bigger than their lawyers can afford to tangle with.

what they are really crapping themselves is the GoogleNet is going to expand and swallow their profit margin (and their company) at some stage in the near future.

Writings on the wall, bye bye public fleecing mobile teleco's

whats in the pocket kids..., oh its my Googlyworld robo PDA/Phone

5. Tom 35
    Thumb Down

Let us work ...together to deliver truly competitive, truly open...

Did he have his fingers crossed?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like