back to article Orange teases with HTC Desire debut

Orange will release HTC's upcoming Android-based smartphone, Desire, in April. Desire sports a 3.7in, 800 x 480 capacitive touchscreen and contains a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. There's 512MB of on-board memory and the handset can take Micro SDHC cards of up to 32GB capacity. HTC Desire HTC's Desire: Android 2.1 on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gareth 18

T-Mobile...

...have announced they will offer it first from the 26th March.

Why on earth do Orange always insist on putting their lame software into everything. They are a service provider. They are there to provide me with a network and phones to go on it. I don't want anything else thanks, leave it out!

1. truCido

RE: T-Mobile...

Orange put it on because it actually makes sense...most people aren't that "tech savvy" and a common interface actually makes things easier for a lot of people.

However I do agree that you should be able to disable it and just use the normal software!

2. Jerome 0

Not pretty

So it's pretty much a Nexus One in a (slightly) different shell? Looks like a very capable device, although like it's older brother, it's hardly the sexiest looking phone ever.

For heaven's sake HTC, just give us what we really want - a Touch HD2 with Android. That would be a phone worth salivating over. Oh, and if you could slip a less crappy camera in there while you're at it, that'd be lovely.

1. TheBampot

@jerome

I belive there will be an HD2 with Android, I think its called the Supersonic

1. Jerome 0

Excellent

Thanks Bampot, you made my day. Now if only there was a release date. It's looking like either this or the X10 will be on my shopping list at some point this year.

3. Aberdeen Angus
    Stop

Oranged

Another decent handset about to be rendered useless by Orange and their customer losing practice of removing function and adding nonsense. Better to buy the handset and then choose your provider based on needs/cost/contract terms.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

I Like...

Makes the locked in iPhone look like the turd it truly is..

5. hugh

An Android phone ?

with Orange dataplans?

shivers.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like