back to article Topfield Freeview HD set-top announced

The latest in this spring’s crop of Freeview HD receivers, the Icecrypt T2200, has just been announced. A standard ‘zapper’ box, it supports the new DVB-T2 standard, and will receive both SD and HD terrestrial channels. The HDMI output supports resolutions up to 1080i, and the box also sports twin Scarts for connection to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gav H.
    Thumb Up

Topfield

Interesting, we're getting there but I'll pass until a HD replacement (including a HDD) for the 5800PVR is announced.

I have to say though, I'm a big fan of Topfield kit. For those so inclined the functionality and interface mods available are second to none.

1. Jim 59
      Go

Topfield

Agreed. The downloadable "MyStuff" package is a UI replacement that makes Sky+ look primitive. And that is not meant to be a cute remark, it is an honest comparison. I too will wait for the 5800 replacement. I hope they put an ethernet interface on it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Topfield - Dodgy design and dodgy firmware

Let's hope they sort out the out of box issues that have plagued the 5800 and 5810 PVRs, particularly with recent firmwares and hardware failures. It is only the community effort that makes them at all useable in the UK! Personally I'd think very hard before replacing my 5800 with another Topfield lump.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Stil waiting

The Topfield is the finest PVR (or 'Freeview+') that most people have never heard of. After four years of heavy use my 5800 packed up. I'm now hopefully anticipating an announcement from Topfield about a Freeview HD recorder.

4. Piloti
    Thumb Down

Oh well............

Korean tat thins time, rather than Chinese tat.

P.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And update the bloody USB 2.0 port

Most excellent piece of kit indeed. I am a very happy toppy user (5800PVRt) and I wouldn't swap it for love nor money.

I've been waiting for the stable firmware update that supports serial recording but alas Topfield aren't exactly the best firmware designers in the world, and they take an age to release updates, so it still isn't out yet...and beginning to doubt if there'll ever be one going by all the new hardware they are releasing. That said, I'd still buy another machine, as long as it had ethernet, and a USB 2.0 port that actually worked at full speed - the wretched transfer speed is ridiculous.

Hasn't there already been a 5800 replacement though?

This topic is closed for new posts.