back to article China Mobile puts boot into NFC

China Mobile has placed an order for three million "RF SIM" devices, confirming that we won't be seeing NFC in China any time soon. Near Field Communications World reports that China Mobile has placed the order for RF SIM chips, which come from Directel and compete with the Nokia-backed Near Field Communications (NFC) standard …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James 47
    Stop

Hmmm

So the Chinese want to be able to read my SIM card even when the phone is off?

Eh no.

1. Xander Dent
      WTF?

buh?

Did you even read the article?

They bought a metric f**kton of "RF SIM" which needs to draw power from the phone to function.

So, actually, no, they couldn't give a flying f**k about you, your sim, or your battery status.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh frabjous joy

Now I can be parted with my sim-carried money, which I love to stuff there because it frees me from knowing how much I have left, from a hundred metres away. RF SIM is such a wonderful idea, I say. Where can I sign up please?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Range of 5 to 100m

With such a range, tracking of people can be quite nice and easy. Perfect for Chinese government. I think our beloved control freak, UK.gov, will jump on the bandwagon quite soon also.

4. Mahou Saru

@Range of 5 to 100m

It is a mobile phone, they can detect you much further then that!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like