back to article OpenSUSE 11.3 hits milestone numero uno

The openSUSE Project has reached its first milestone for the upcoming 11.3 release, due in July. Milestone 1 is the first of seven planned between now and late May. The development team said its primary goal is to test build interactions between newly-added features. The first milestone features version 2.6.32 of the Linux …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Versions

...and KDE is updated to v4.whatever, achieving a whopping 21% coverage of features from the previous 3.5.x version of KDE. Up from (v4.whatever -0.0.01) which offered 20% coverage of features.

There is a version number race going on btwn SuSE, Fedora and the like. The real difference btwn point releases of most Linux distros is so small as to be irrelevant. But the version number keeps going up!

Speaking as a guy who started with Slackware 1.0, all 24 HD diskettes, and never left TOTOS.

1. Matthew 17

Not really a numbers game

it's just that when ever a distro comes out it'll use the latest versions of the software they bundle with it.

2. JeeBee
      Thumb Down

Whining about KDE 4.0

Oh get over the KDE 4.0 issues.

It's now known as the KDE Software Compilation, and version 4.4 is coming out soon. People said that 4.2 fixed most problems, so 4.4 should be more than enough.

2. Andus McCoatover

It's Monday.

Can I get the 'silly goose, indeed' award already? Even though I'm writing with it?

Yep. Loaded LXDE on the pub computer. Well, they only need internet, but I admit it's seriously quick. I mean, very...But, unless you can handle the command line, relatively unuseable. It doesn't seem possible to even put a firefox icon on the desktop, so (us) drunk punters can access internet with that Friday Lunchtime feeling..

Now, my job, under threat of being barred for life, is to remove it. (Easier said than done, OS lingo is Finnish). Earned myself 'dullard-of-the-month-award', and it's only the first week. Still, there's only 20 days left...

/update/ sudo aptitude remove lxde. (Forgot about "aptitude" - synaptic can't find LXDE). Reboot. Phew. I can come here again...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like