back to article NASA holds vomit-comet docs v robosurgeons trial

NASA is to carry out a contest between human and robotic surgeons in conditions of zero gravity this week. Competing fleshy and machine medics are even now carrying out a variety of procedures aboard C-9 military cargo aircraft soaring in parabolic arcs high above the Gulf of Mexico. NASA is interested in the robo-surgeon …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matt Bucknall

Bones McCoy jobless before even born?

Is it normal to have a job before you're born?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Matt

Obviously, you were lucky. We used to have to get up, six months before we were conceived, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Mom would abort us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Zombies

Well, your caption on that image does make a very valid point. If I were a doctor, and I had to operate on someone with a nasty case of the zombie plague, I'd want to be thousands of miles away and have a robot do the dirty work too! This is quite clearly evidence that the zombies are real and the government is losing the war!

4. Luther Blissett

Vice-president?

Presumably the next time The Man Who Would Be Dick (copyright acknowledged) has to go for heart surgery, surgeons feel there is a strong risk his heart will collapse catastrophically under its own weight. Either that or he doesn't trust the surgeons. Either that or the surgeons don't trust themselves. (Think about that one).

5. Robert Synnott

Rama II

Might want to steer clear of this one...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Chuff All use outisde of Orbit though

It occurs to me that Doc McCoy is still golden as the time delay between say earth n mars would be too long for surgery. It would be all:

Command:> Cut That Bit There

Response:> Waiting.......

Response:> Message Delivered,

Response:> Action complete, send next command

Command:> Whoops! sew that bit up its the wrong bit!

Response:> Action incomplete, Patient Deceased Due to Blood Loss

Command:> Ctrl-alt-delete

Command:> Log off

This topic is closed for new posts.