back to article Foam hinders Halo 3 disc scratching down under

Not all gamers buying Halo 3 Limited Edition packs received a scratched disc. Copies sent out to Australia apparently contained a cunningly hi-tech device to stop the disc from being damaged. A video on YouTube has revealed that packs distributed down under included a piece of plastic packaging foam in-between the game disc …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Frank Bough

Hey!

The was the single most fucking boring video I've ever watched.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tescos

I got mine form Tescos and they serve the discs from customer service after you pay, they ask you to check it's not scratched and the disc is in a padded cd slip.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RE: Hey!

agreed.....

4. Chris Morrison

RE: Hey

Agreed....what weirdo makes a video that boring!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Title

Disk replacement ?

Wot's wrong with a good polish with the Brasso ?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's all in the foam, man!

I am flabbergasted that someone actually got off his ass for that midnight-launch. So. Ja.

7. Adam Potts

RE: Hey!

...I lasted about 27 seconds before my teeth disintegrated via gritting through the boredom. I don't even have a NHS dentist. Boring? Agreed!

8. Malboeuf

Think in legalese.....

It's quite likely that someone already holds a patent on this stunning bit of technology, and it applies to the North American and European markets. In their brilliance, they most likely forgot that humans also occupy the southern hemisphere and so didn't bother to apply for rights below the equator.

9. LaeMi Qian

Likely the Australasian product...

...was packaged locally ('Locally' down here could mean SE-asia) and the packager used had a better grasp on QA than the packagers used for the European and Americo regions.

10. Doc

I can see it now...

...The Return of The Disk Part 2 coming to a youtube near you!!!

Can't wait for that one!

Aussie Doc

11. Tim Bates

Re: Likely the Australasian product...

Probably was a different manufacturer... But it wouldn't surprise me if they all came out of China or somewhere like that.

Just random luck saw the one delivering for Australia have some idea about physics.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like