back to article German retailer Tweets iPad details

German electronics retail giant Media Markt has Twittered the price of the iPad - and said when the tablet will launch in Europe. Or has it? According to the post, we should expect to pay €499 (£434) if you buy the iPad through a mobile phone network, or €899 (£781) on its own, unsubsidised. The device will go on sale on 1 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Daniel Bennett
    Stop

Account Deleted & Re-Created

The account did exist before as I have seen other products from there.

It looks as if they deleted the account then recreated it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

this is the title

Wouldn't surprise me if the prices are about right... think i'll save it for my house deposit thanks..

3. Graham Dawson Silver badge
    Coat

Johnny Depp was killed in a car crash?!?

I'd better tell everyone I know!

Was Engelbert Humperdinck in the car with him? I heard he was dead!

Not really.

But, yeah.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Point of Twitter, anyone?

Sure, useful for announcing people are dead and such, anything else?

5. Brian Gannon

Who cares?

Who really gives a f**k about what appears on twitter? The sooner this web 2.0 bollocks dies a death the better. Remember there are over 5.5 billion people on earth who don't give a sh*t about sh*tter, sorry twitter.

1. Rod MacLean
      Badgers

RE: Who cares?

The United States estimate that the population (as of 27th Jan 2010) is 6,798,900,000.

That means that there are about 6,789,899,000 people who don't give a shit about twitter (even that might be a little generous!)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Definitely iPad

And it will be called the iPad. iSlate sounds too much like 'isolate' and that's bad marketing karma for an inclusive networked device.

7. Christopher W
    Paris Hilton

And One More Thing...

New from Apple: the iMortgage, where we take ownership of your soul in exchange for these lovely slabs of aluminium, chrome and plastic. Only 600 simple payments and the products are yours (until we decide to release the updated model of whatever you own nine months down the road, at which point we offer a generous 0% discount on trade-ins)

Paris, because even she would need a mortgage to buy new Apple hardware

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I'd love to agree but...

Apple hardware lasts a long time and it works!

Every PC I have owned is made of random parts from different manufacturers and without fail they have suffered some kind of hardware fault that has rendered them junk.

Buying a Mac is like buying a Ferrarri - it costs a lot but it's worth it.

Buying a PC is like making your own Ferrarri using parts you've ordered off the net. It might be cheaper but essentially it's a pile of shit (especially if you've installed Winblows)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like