back to article Adultery website boosted by Christian publicity campaign

A purportedly Christian man claims to be running a campaign against a website which offers dates for married people. Jon Kurht claims to work for a Christian charity in London and has already had one complaint about a maritalaffair.co.uk billboard rejected by the Advertising Standards Authority. He has now started a Facebook …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Niall 1

I'm Shocked

a single individual complained and a total ban didn't take place?!

1. lglethal Silver badge
      Joke

From Family Guy

"Last night we received eleven complaints, and as you know one complaint equals one billion people..."

2. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

You don't need a website for this...

...just go round Wakefield on a Friday or Saturday night if you're after some extramarital shenanigans. Apparently.

3. pitagora
    FAIL

viral marketing campaign?

he is either a very stupid man (if he honestly thinks he is hurting them) or a very smart one (if he's on their payroll and is doing a viral marketing campaign).

4. Whirlpool
    Joke

viral marketing

I'm glad to see The Reg is far too clever to be taken in by such attempts at viral marketing, and isn't giving the site any of the publicity it so dearly wants.

5. Richard Hodgson
    FAIL

Don't look where I'm pointing!

Always love these, unless it is a viral campaign, of course, which is always a possibility.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

2000 emails to the MD

... how WILL he cope?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 2000 emails to the MD

> ... how WILL he cope?

[shift][del] ?

1. Dr. Mouse
        Happy

shirley you mean...

[CTRL]-[A] [SHIFT]-[DEL]?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Spelling?

I read the 'r' in his name as an 'n'... I'm sure I can't be the only one :)

8. Michael Parker

Viral...

I'd have thought an extra-marital affair website would want to keep the viral aspect to a minimum...

9. Dazed and Confused

There are worse sights ... or better?

Don't know why they are picking on that website, the whole internet is filled with far worse (or better depending on your point of view) sights promoting pass times that these people choose not to approve of.

How would they feel if the members of the sect of the worshippers of the beast with the two backs were to complain about what you get up to?

1. Sir Runcible Spoon
      Headmaster

Sir

Pedant alert!

Sight - vision

Site - location

Just doing my bit :)

10. Marcus Aurelius
    FAIL

Actually

Assuming he's genuine, Jon Kurht had better be careful how he conducts his campaign, Since Mosley v Newsgroup Newspapers, he's opening himself to being sued for breach of Article 8 of the ECHR

11. collateral damage
    Coat

reqired title

"...and surely the Daily Mail can't be far behind."

Not far, but still behind El Reg. *sigh*

12. Lord Lien

WWJD...

... chuck his keys in the middle & pick out another set like the rest :)

1. Dr. Mouse

Nah...

Jesus can have all the tail he wants, married or not! Why would he accept the random chances of chucking his keys in when he can just choose the 4-5 ladies of his choice?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Troll

ladies?? They ain't no ladies!!

Who's to say he was even straight? He hung out in a large group of almost exclusively hairy men, some got very bitchy (judas), and he had a "beard" gf for appearances. Just sayin.

2. Swarthy
        WTF?

Why?

Why would Jesus need go to a key party, he's technically married to every single (christian) nun in the world. That's a lot of tail.

13. Gav
    Alert

recursion is always funny

I am horrified that The Register is giving publicity to this publicity. It must be stopped. Please join my Facebook campaign to put an immediate end to this Facebook campaign.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

WWJD?

WWJD? I suspect something more constructive than setup a facebook group. This is slacktivism rather than activism, if you ask me.

(No, I didn't make up Slacktivism, but I think it sounds good, so I'm going to use it as much as possible.)

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Slacktivism ?

Adopted !

1. Alex-TheManfromUncle
        Heart

Adoption of "Slacktivism"

Seconded!

15. No, I will not fix your computer
    Grenade

Wait a minuite...

Isn't Christianity based on incest?

Adam & Eve's kids all doing it, then the same again with Noah & Familiy, perhaps he should get his own house in order first? but I suppose if you can be stoned to death for gathering sticks on the sabbath or cheeking your parents maybe I'll never understand Christian morality.

1. steward
      Badgers

Thomas Paine on Christianity and extramarital affairs

"The story, taking it as it is told, is blasphemously obscene. It gives an account of a young woman engaged to be married, and while under this engagement, she is, to speak plain language, debauched by a ghost, under the impious pretence, (Luke i. 35,) that "the Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee." Notwithstanding which, Joseph afterwards marries her, cohabits with her as his wife, and in his turn rivals the ghost. This is putting the story into intelligible language, and when told in this manner, there is not a priest but must be ashamed to own it." - Thomas Paine, _The Age of Reason_

1. MeRp
        Headmaster

Thomas Paine sounds confused

The only "Priests" in Christianity are Catholic; they don't believe that Mary and Joseph ever did the deed, even after their little messiah was born. They believe Mary remained a virgin until she was assumed into Heaven. Thus, he does not, in his turn, rival the ghost.

16. Forget It
    Stop

Exodus 20:14

Thou shalt not commit adultery

1. TeeCee Gold badge
      Go

Depends which version you read.

Try the "Wicked Bible" (1631) for a slightly different take on that.

That's the great thing about quoting Scripture, you can justify just about anything including maritalaffair.co.uk. Just choose your version and quotation carefully and don't worry about context.

17. gollux
    WTF?

Just wait...

until he discovers Ashley Madison. For when your current relationship just isn't delivering enough to keep you happy.

18. J 3
    Coat

Who WJD?

I don't know. As someone said above, who knows which way he went... I mean, a 30-something Jewish guy in those days and still single? Interesting.

"He's clearly some kind of viral marketeer who's (sic) genius campaign has already got the unknown website mentioned in the Daily Telegraph, Sky News..."

Forgot anyone there? Anyone WHOSE superb quality tech news we highly appreciate?

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Judge not lest ye be Judged

- Mary Magdalene

20. Peter Foulkes
    FAIL

Not a viral, genuine backfiring protester

A quick peek at your favourite search engine would seem to reveal that Jon is indeed a genuine man on a mission from god who may have unwittingly found his niche as a pretty successful viral marketeer for shagmywife.co.uk

Oops.

21. Alan Ferris
    Coat

Don't forget....

.... the playmobile

22. Morpho Devilpepper

A familiar flavour of crap

Is there anything more futile than a religious crusade in a secular world? The only chance such groups have is for a large, uneducated base of gullible, semi-suicidal youth. Unfortunately, that can be arranged...

23. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

@Exodus 20:14

>Thou shalt not commit adultery

Oh yes I shall.

Until you start obeying your own rules don't even think of trying to make me do so.

When was the last time you saw a church with an alter that was acceptable to the following?

20:24 You shall make an altar of earth unto me, and you shall offer upon it your holocausts and peace offerings, your sheep and oxen...

20:25 And if thou make an altar of stone unto me, thou shalt not build it of hewn stones; for if thou lift up a tool upon it, it shall be defiled.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Mr Nasty

Some one called me a nasty dirty christian pervert.

I cried and said, "Don't call me a christian".

This topic is closed for new posts.