back to article MS to release WinMo 7 to phone makers in September

Windows Mobile 7 will be handed over to smartphone makers in September, to allow them to ready devices based on the operating system for Q4 2010 or Q1 2011. So claim sources said to be familiar with Microsoft's roadmap cited by DIgiTimes. The mole repeated earlier claims that next month's Mobile World Congress industry …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Original Ash

Well then.

I guess it's good that there are several folks porting Android onto WinMob devices at the moment.

Choice is great :)

2. Bilgepipe
    Gates Horns

Good of Them

Good of them to support the couple of dozen Zune users with the ability to link to their WinMo phones.

3. Andy Livingstone

What's the point?

Version 7 of a turd is still a turd.

4. Peter Rasmussen

What difference does it make?

Trying not to just bash WinMo7, I'd still like to know what anyone thinks would be good about if for a larger market than the few who owns a Zune?

Supposedly WinMo is for smartphones/pda-mobiles, and perhaps by some even thought of as competition for iPhone, but no news so far has given me any hints about what that should be?

I don't own an iPhone, and probably never will because of my unwillingness to support the behavior of Apple, but so far has preferred the Linux based mobiles from Motorola (none are perfect, but closer to my likings).

5. Mikel
    Welcome

Too late

Even if they get it off by September, it's still too late for mobile phone developers to put their own spin on it and get it under the tree for Christmas. If the rumours of a second reboot of the team in a year are true, does anybody believe they can launch a good product in time?

Shoot, does anybody think that they can deliver a decent phone OS even if everything goes perfectly? That would fly in the face of tradition. If they pull it off, will anybody care?

I guess it's a Android tablet or iSlate under my tree.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like