back to article Escaped con who taunted cops on Facebook finally collared

UK police have caught up with an escaped con who ran a "fan group" on Facebook during his time on the run. Craig “Lazie” Lynch, 28, was arrested in Kent on Wednesday almost four months after doing a runner from a Hollesley Bay open prison, in Suffolk. He passed the intervening time with a trip to London to watch the New Year’s …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous John

back end of a seven year sentence?

The norm is to spend only half the sentence in prison. I expect he'll serve all of it now, plus a bit more for escaping.

Aggravated burglary means he carried a weapon, and seven years makes it a rather nasty burglary.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

isn't that only

when the sentence is 4 years or under?

2. Winkypop Silver badge
    Joke

I bet...

he'll FACE the music and that they'll throw the BOOK at him...

[sorry]

1. CADmonkey
      Coat

I'll get it for you

here you are - safe home, now

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    Paris Hilton

"Lazie"?

They'll be changing his nickname to "Fuckwit" when he gets back inside.

Paris, for her towering intellectual superiority.

1. Havin_it

Oblig.

See, this Lynch, he called himself "Lazie". Now, "Lazie" - there's a name no man would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about Lazie that didn't make a whole lot of sense.

/Coen

1. Anonymous Coward
        Paris Hilton

Spelling issue

Yeah - I think he used the Lazie because he he was too stupid to be able to spell out the nickname "I am a dumb fvck". What an idiot!

I suspect that the police will help him bend over in the shower a bunch for the next ten years or so.

PH - cause this guy will become the PH of his cell block.

4. Jolyon Ralph
    Thumb Up

Jolyon likes this

Jolyon likes this

5. Charles Calthrop
    Stop

cunt

It is a sick society which cheers on the juvenile ramblings of a man who thinks a meaningful way to pass his existence is to go around breaking into places armed with weapons.

I am only surprised the offers of regular columns in lads mags and tv appearances have not materialised yet.

1. Steve Roper
      Go

Ned Kelly

is one of Australia's national but unofficial heroes, for doing much the same thing and for much the same reason.

We all live in a prison these days, my friend. So when someone escapes the domineering clutch of authority it's by no means unusual to cheer them on. Because no matter what he did, it comes nowhere near to the crimes and atrocities our governments are committing against the people these days.

1. lglethal Silver badge
        Flame

You have got to be kidding

Your going to try to compare this twit with Ned Kelly? Thats ridiculous..

a) Ned Kelly was forced into a life of crime after stopping a corrupt cop from raping his sister. I dont remember anything about this twat being forced into a life of crime, he chose to do that aggravated burglary!

b) Ned Kelly whilst doing the highway robbery thing went out of his way to fight and kill as many corrupt cops (and probably a few not so corrupt ones) as possible. This twat was not fighting corrupt cops he was merely looking out for number one.

c) Ned Kelly was a fashion pioneer. This guy is just a twat!

Get some perspective and dont taint our national heroes by comparing them to self serving, dumb as* scum like this guy...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We're putting you in an open prison...

... so you better not walk out the door

"oh I won't, I promise"

... later that day....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Later that day?

Sounds like it took him several years to figure that out.

7. Greg J Preece

Ha, and indeed, ha

</Posh_Nelson>

8. Bilgepipe
    FAIL

Oxymoron

Isn't an Open Prison against the fundamental idea of locking up criminals?

9. Eddy Ito
    Grenade

Only in Britain

Here in the States he would have been slowed down by a nagging bullet injury.

10. Inachu
    Go

He is a complete idiot.

For those that support him then I hope and pray he breaks into your home to steal your precious goods.

11. JaitcH
    Pint

Likely Facebook was 'cooperating with authorities'

Why anyone uses Facebook, Twit, etc. is beyond me.

Given Plod's low intelligence in things digital it is likely that Facebook turned it's own client in. So much for confidentiality.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like