back to article Audi confirms e-tron production plans

Audi has unveiled yet another version of its e-tron leccy über coupé at the Detroit Motor Show. But, unlike previous designs, has slapped a production date onto its bonnet. Audi_etron_02 Audi's latest e-tron design will go into production in 2012 Set to hit production lines in 2012, the new e-tron functions much like …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. exit...quit...bye...quitbye.ctrl-C..ctrlX.ctrl-alt-X...aarrrr*slam*
    Stop

What a beatuy

NOT.

2. Ralph B
    Thumb Down

Senseless Hi-tech?

Does using an camera+display really make a sensible replacement for a door mirror? Sure you save a little on aerodynamic efficiency, but you lose on running the thing (and producing it) and I really wonder if you can actually see what's behind you when the display is in sunshine.

A daft hi-tech solution just for the sake of it.

3. Gulfie
    Thumb Up

Me Likeee

as my co-driver in DiRT keeps saying. I want one!

4. Alex-TheManfromUncle
    Heart

I've seen something like this before...

Barnet of an R8, ass of an Aston.

Looks good though .. not sure about the colours for the interiors...

Yeah, I'd have one

5. Quxy
    Thumb Down

Speed limiter?

What's the point of the 200 km/h speed limiter, I wonder. The R8 certainly doesn't have one ;-)

6. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Thumb Down

Squinty headlights look like Alfa

A design I'm not keen on.

7. Dick Emery
    Thumb Down

Until

They have a charger at every station that only takes a few minutes to top up I'm not sold on the technology. Plus it ain't gonna be cheap.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Nice, but short range

Quite a nice design compared to some of the more vulgar cars Audi have put out in the past few years. It looks like a "serious" car in all but range - once Audi can reach at least 400 miles, then we'll talk.

Oh, and those wing-mirror cams better be military grade, 'cause local p*ss heads are going to have them off in seconds otherwise.

9. Phaedrus
    Black Helicopters

@Ralph B

As with most things in the auto-industry, the camera mirrors would be an expensive optional extra.

Prices from £35,999 (model shown Ultra-GTi-Exec-Plus model, from £139,999)

(and no, my pricing isn't based on any facts, just a random example plucked out of thin, frosty, cold air)

10. Sarah Davis
    FAIL

that looks lush, but,...

it's SOOOO environmentally UNfriendly due to the manufacture/disposal of the batteries that only a complete bastard would buy one - ie, it's pointless!!

11. SillyMan
    Coat

An unfortunate name...

I'm afraid this model won't be too popular in France and part of Canada... I for one wouldn't want to brag to anybody that I'm driving an "étron"...

12. Nexox Enigma

Rather large intake...

What do they need that large intake at the front for? Do they need a radiator for cooling, or do they just think it look nifty?

Also I imagine that the camera/mirrors are an auto show-only 'feature.'

1. TeeCee Gold badge

Intake?

'Leccy motors need cooling too you know, also the airco will need a condenser. The whole lot probably doesn't need to be *that* big, but I suspect that preserving the corporate nose design dictates the size.

I'm more interested in the return of the Austin Allegro steering wheel. I wonder if it'll be greeted with something other than howls of derision this time round?

13. Francis Boyle Silver badge

That is one ugly

front end. Looks more like a back end. The rest of it ain't too bad but I really can't see Gene Hunt hooning around in one.

This topic is closed for new posts.