back to article Wii welcomes video on demand

Nintendo will roll out a Netflix video-on-demand service to Stateside Wii owners, the gaming giant’s US chief has confirmed. The two companies are expected to formally announce their partnership later today, but Reggie Fils-Aime, President of Nintendo America, has already told the New York Times that the deal “is a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Meh...

more Wii hype for a lo-fi movie service on a console that outside a few Nintendo titles is nothing more than a shovelware platform.

PSN and XBLA have far more quality and fun titles on the store for less than a tenner, than the Wii has in it's entire disc catalogue.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

That may be true

but only a drooling halfwit would by an Xbox. Paying for net access???? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

How do you get to the flags in Wii Fit Plus cycling?

I spent 50 minutes cycling on the Wii balance board to try to find the remaining flags on the island. I can see the flags I miss are in the upper mountain area, next to the volcano, but tried cycling around the cliff face in the upper meadow and didn't find a way up there.

Do you know by any chance? Oh silly, me, I'm asking a XBLA fanboy, never mind, go back to playing with your joystick, sorry to disturb you while your eating.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

what chance for the uk?

"However, the US arrangement shouldn't preclude Nintendo UK striking a similar deal with a local content provider - Lovefilm.com perhaps."

Is there any more reason to expect this to happen than there was for Microsoft or Sony to strike such a deal when netflix came to their respective consoles in the US.

What is the real story behind the lack of a proper video streaming rental service in the UK?

3. 0laf
    Thumb Up

WII tv is great for some

I'd be happy if Nintendo expanded the video services they already have with BBC iPlayer. If they could get the Channel4, Channel5 and ITV streaming services running I'd be happy bunny.

We live in an area with no digital tv other than Sky and a very weak analogue signal anyway. The Iplayer on the WII has given us access to TV in rooms away from the satellite decoder and main aerial at no extra expense.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Welcome

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

The rumours a few months back were that Lovefilm was for sale with Netflix one of the possible buyers. There is also Hulu on the horizon, so maybe something will happen in the UK this year. Maybe.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like